Pre-Bent or OEM replacement brake lines?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
^^^ That's what I'm doing. Many ways to skin a cat and to each his own. $35 and getting it done quick is worth it to me.

I say at work all the time, there's a thousand ways to skin a cat, and 980 of them work just fine.

Reaction score
Does your disc brake conversion vendor not offer a hose replacement for those hard lines?

The one I was looking at had everything to go from the junction block on the axle out to the new calipers available as options.

Seemed a lot easier than replacing the metal lines, flaring them, and then connecting them to a short hose out at the end of the axle.

The hoses went from that junction block to the caliper and had the correct banjo bolt already on them.

Second question: What conversion are you doing? I was tossing around the idea (chased brake gremlins in that axle for a while) but the cost and hassle of adding a parking brake to discs got in the way of the decision to move forward long enough for me to solve the problem with the drums.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Lugnut 4x4 give's you absolutely everything in their kit, but maybe he's just making his own?

jimdaug

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, rolling my own. I'm modifying a bracket kit that I bought off a guy on another forum that works for the older 12 bolts. I'm going to have to get the main piece re-cut to match the newer 10 bolt flange.

But when it's all said and done I'll have 5th gen corvette pads, rotors, calipers and hoses so theoretically in an emergency I could walk into any parts shop and pick up replacements. FYI, Amazon lists the C5 AC Delco rotors for $32 each with free shipping. I will have to drill the stud holes out on the rotors though because the C5s had 12mm studs.

Colorado2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I recently looked, and you can buy a whole kit for around 200. I ended up buying just the two lines that go across the rear axle, prebent and with the factory protective coil around it for $35 shipped.
Where did you find them? I'd like the factory look on my axle again. Sorry to sidetrack your thread OP.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score

Colorado2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score