Post your lifted 2wd's!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea my entire front end is in pieces and wanted to upgrade the lowers but everything says it's to help lower a truck. Dnt find any i might have to check out a fab shop eventually.
No front anything right now hah,
You must be registered for see images attach

Ha, Ha ha! But, for our trucks, it's just extra steel, so unless you're pre-rerunning it, it won't matter. They are damn strong. But then again, I've seen some of your dedication to modification, so I can't blame you!

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No doubt theyre storng but i just feel like theyre over weight and they could be just as strong if not stronger and a faction lighter. Who knows I might leave em but still wanted to see if anyone had a set, plus I like having something different, nothing wrong with stock but I've always love changing it up some

Kamd90Chevy

Suthrn1
Reaction score
Ok so i'm ordering the RC 4" spindle lift and the notes state that Light duty brake trucks need to change brakes to make it function. I know i'm looking at Pads, Rotors, Bearings and Seals. Am I also looking at calipers and brackets? I already have Russell stainless braided lines and 3 months ago I completely rebuilt the steering and suspension up front.

Bozz

Reaction score
Anyone...does the height of the rear have effect on front alignment? In my head, I'm not seeing it but that don't mean much.

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score
From what I know about front end geometry (kinda fuzzy, been about 6 years since I really studied it), the only thing I can see it affecting is caster.

Caster is how much the center line of the wheel (knuckle/spindle) is tilted forward or backwards (positive/negative). Caster determines how easy or hard it is to turn the wheel (power steering vs. non power steering affects how much caster is needed) and also how easy or hard it is for the wheels to return to center after a turn.

That's the gist of what I remember, bust just slight changes shouldn't effect it much, couple inches or so would be a different story.

Bozz

Reaction score
Couple inches it is...plus air bags. That gets me a little closer to figuring out what's going on at the alignment shops. Thanks, DCP.

Blue 04 Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, just got her back and snapped some quick pics. She is a 1988 C2500, and she desperately needs some new wheels. I am a fan of chrome as you can tell :) so I will be looking at 17 inch by 8 or 9 with zero offset (???). The truck is currently on 2001 factory wheels (I think 7 inch, but could be 6.5 wide, these things are skinny) and 265/75/16. I will be looking at 285/70/17 but just debating on the wheel width. Truck has a 4 inch suspension lift (Fabtech) in front, and 3 inch blocks in rear. Currently using a 1/4 inch wheel spacer in front and a 1.5 inch wheel spacer in the back to even out the width.

What fabtech spindles did you use? Last set I looked up were discontinued for the 88-89 c2500

Edit. Forget it I just realized you are 6 lug.

Last edited:

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score
If you have a c1500 and it's automatic, 3.42 is the "standard" but it could have 3.73 as a "towing" gear. But you need to check the RPO codes to be sure.