Post your lifted 2wd's!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rolla711

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
^^^ That... Unless you spend a lot of money and convert the FF14 bolt to 6 lug. But be ready to spend some money doing it.

Kits about $530 but you still need disc, calipers, brake lines, wheels studs... So yeah. Oh and the axle has to be a 92 or older 14 bolt.
Wouldn't it be easier to convert the front to 8 lug?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be easier to convert the front to 8 lug?

No, it's nigh impossible to make the front of these trucks 8 lug if they already were not. There are no "swap kits" per say to do this and stay IFS. The only time I've seen it done (besides SAS) is on a 4wd and they had to fabricate everything to get the 3/4 ton diff and arms to fit and they still had problems and I don't think it was ever right.

SAS is about the only "easy" way to get the front 8 lug since there are readily available swap kits. But that's still a big ordeal and more expensive than just converting the rear to 6 lug. Way cheaper to just convert the ff14 bolt to 6 lug if you wanted to go that root.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There is one other way. 5 to 8 lug adapters although I've never known anyone who has tried so I can't say how well they work or not.

rolla711

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No, it's nigh impossible to make the front of these trucks 8 lug if they already were not. There are no "swap kits" per say to do this and stay IFS. The only time I've seen it done (besides SAS) is on a 4wd and they had to fabricate everything to get the 3/4 ton diff and arms to fit and they still had problems and I don't think it was ever right.

SAS is about the only "easy" way to get the front 8 lug since there are readily available swap kits. But that's still a big ordeal and more expensive than just converting the rear to 6 lug. Way cheaper to just convert the ff14 bolt to 6 lug if you wanted to go that root.
I couldn't remember all of that. I know if it was six lug up front you get adapters for the front to convert to 8. But like you said the easiest way is sas being that what I just said is crazy costly

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score
I don't recommend wheel spacers/adapters just because I don't like them. Plus if not properly installed, maintained, and not hub centric they can sheer off and cause an accident. (Note the Property installed bit)

Plus, any wheel adapter (goes from one lug to a completely new lug number) are at least 2" or more thick and are actually two separate pieces bolted together so the risk of failure is (IMO) double than a one piece design.

Reaction score
Well I mean SAS is the goal, originally was cutting up my ‘14 Tacoma but said why not on this thing after my truck was totaled. Just very unfamiliar with it all as far as what axle for front, Tcase, tranny, all that. Still trying to find a good walkthrough thread. But for the time being probably do a 7 inch on 35s while sourcing all the parts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rolla711

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't recommend wheel spacers/adapters just because I don't like them. Plus if not properly installed, maintained, and not hub centric they can sheer off and cause an accident. (Note the Property installed bit)

Plus, any wheel adapter (goes from one lug to a completely new lug number) are at least 2" or more thick and are actually two separate pieces bolted together so the risk of failure is (IMO) double than a one piece design.
You say that and I talked my friend out of putting adapters on because how much they pushed the wheel out. And I didn't trust that at speed they wouldn't snap especially with a large amount of torque.

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score
Well I mean SAS is the goal, originally was cutting up my ‘14 Tacoma but said why not on this thing after my truck was totaled. Just very unfamiliar with it all as far as what axle for front, Tcase, tranny, all that. Still trying to find a good walkthrough thread. But for the time being probably do a 7 inch on 35s while sourcing all the parts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SAS is a big step. I've been reading off and on for years (even before I got the Yukon because my buddy wanted to SAS his '95 z71 about 5 years ago.) and I'm still finding things out. But anything I find, I bookmark and save it for rereading later... and I have quite a few websites/forum post about them. Not to mention the parts places.

As of right now all I have is a Dana 44 out of a 1979 F250 and a wiring harness from a 1996 K2500 with a 4L80E. Still have a lot more to go (99-10 FF14 bolt, 4L80E, Transfer Case, New ECU programed for 4L80E, ORU's 2wd specific swap kit, steering, knuckles, springs, shocks, etc.) I wanted to get it done my Q1 next year but depends on how things go it might be longer.

I would do what you are doing , like I did. Get it somewhat where you want it and then sorce all the parts over time.

rolla711

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
SAS is a big step. I've been reading off and on for years (even before I got the Yukon because my buddy wanted to SAS his '95 z71 about 5 years ago.) and I'm still finding things out. But anything I find, I bookmark and save it for rereading later... and I have quite a few websites/forum post about them. Not to mention the parts places.

As of right now all I have is a Dana 44 out of a 1979 F250 and a wiring harness from a 1996 K2500 with a 4L80E. Still have a lot more to go (99-10 FF14 bolt, 4L80E, Transfer Case, New ECU programed for 4L80E, ORU's 2wd specific swap kit, steering, knuckles, springs, shocks, etc.) I wanted to get it done my Q1 next year but depends on how things go it might be longer.

I would do what you are doing , like I did. Get it somewhat where you want it and then sorce all the parts over time.
From what I understand the hardest part is fabing it to the frame up front correct? Are you going leaf or coil over?