Post your lifted 2wd's!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GraysonR

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Hey everyone! It's been a good minute since I've been on the thread, so here's a few new pics of the truck. I have a question that maybe some of you can answer: if I were to add a 1-2 inch coil spring spacer on top of my lift spindles, would I need new control arms? And if so, where would I get them?

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score
Hey everyone! It's been a good minute since I've been on the thread, so here's a few new pics of the truck. I have a question that maybe some of you can answer: if I were to add a 1-2 inch coil spring spacer on top of my lift spindles, would I need new control arms? And if so, where would I get them?

If you only go 1", which is all I recommend after all the problems I had with both sets of my 2" spacers, you should be fine. But if you do end up needing the UCA I know of only one place left that sells them. Place I got mine dosen't make them anymore.

It's www.airbagit.com
Standard non adjustable arms (like the one I got) X2-CAR-GM8898A
Arms that have an adjuster, which I don't think you'd need unless you were going 3" X2-CAR-GM8898Z

Like I said though, I used to have a 2" spacer and I had nothing but problems after less than 6 months with them. Frame suffered all the upper mounts either cracking or mostly ripping out of the frame.

I currently have a Daystar 1" spacer and that's the only spacer I'd ever recommend to anyone with these truck wanting more than the 4" spindles. Been driving a couple months now with this set up and love it, so much better. I still have my extended arm on the truck but I "might" be able to run the stock arms if I wanted but I like the tubular aftermarket one better.

Also, be prepared to suffer installing the spacers, you might want to look through my build thread and see the trouble I went through installing both sets of the 2" spacers I had and then look at when I installed the Daystar spacers (almost at the end of my build). I bought a tool and modified it to get the coil spring in so I wasn't fighting 2 jacks like I was the first couple times I took the spring out.

Or I got a video I uploaded to YouTube of me using that tool, it might be helpful.

J_lope82

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good job with the headlights, they look good.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I wouldn't personally. If you want more lift, I'd go with a body lift

J_lope82

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wouldn't personally. If you want more lift, I'd go with a body lift
I agree with this statement above. As a matter of fact I was going to do a 1" body lift on mine but I had other priorities so it just never happened.

Bozz

Reaction score
New guy here just posted in the Member's Trucks thread to intro. Bounced over here to ask a ? or 3 about tires/wheels.

And yes I've spent a lot of time here on GMT400 digging around member's pics and specs but haven't nailed down exactly what I can do as far as sizes go. This is my fam's beach buggy once a year and my daily the rest of the time. I don't want to get into rubbin and scrapin so I'll just limit myself to what works with just a 4" knuckle job up front for now.

My truck is 2wd obviously and I'm looking to go with some (possibly) KMC wheels in 16" or 17"..leaning towards 17's after seeing a member's truck. He has some 285/70/17's on his and it looks just right IMO. I'm thinking with my truck, I won't be able to get there with just a 4" spindle lift? I wanted a little more than 31x10.5's on it but if that means I'll be creating problems, I won't do that just yet. Not really thinking about a body lift. I know it's probably blasphemy round here but it's strictly street for this buggy. It won't be in the mud. I'm too old and grouchy to be having that much fun.

So...how big can I go on rubber with the 4" spindles? I'll figure out what to do with the rear end after I do the front. I have an air bag lift on the back that gains me some (used it for towing help). I read somewhere here that if I'm gonna be doing much towing, look away from using blocks on the rear. The rear would probably accept the bigger tires and then some but how far can I push the envelope and NOT rub? Also, I am not afraid of doing a little grinding and cutting in the bumper/valance area but I don't want to get into heavy scraping all the time.

Wheels...offsets and backspacing...while I understand how positive and negative offsets affect the positioning of the tire/wheel, I thought I'd ask here and maybe someone who's already tried it can nail it down for moi. I understand the spindles will take my fronts out an inch or so each side and a spacer on the back might be in order to even things up. Or I thought maybe I could stagger and get everything right at the edge of the fender flares I have coming? I don't really want to get out so wide that the tires are extending out past the flares. Just trying to keep it tucked as close to the edges as I can.

Does that make sense? Opinions?

Thanks for havin' me, GMT.

Bozz in the BlueGrass

cjman250

Last Of A Dying Breed
Reaction score
New guy here just posted in the Member's Trucks thread to intro. Bounced over here to ask a ? or 3 about tires/wheels.

And yes I've spent a lot of time here on GMT400 digging around member's pics and specs but haven't nailed down exactly what I can do as far as sizes go. This is my fam's beach buggy once a year and my daily the rest of the time. I don't want to get into rubbin and scrapin so I'll just limit myself to what works with just a 4" knuckle job up front for now.

My truck is 2wd obviously and I'm looking to go with some (possibly) KMC wheels in 16" or 17"..leaning towards 17's after seeing a member's truck. He has some 285/70/17's on his and it looks just right IMO. I'm thinking with my truck, I won't be able to get there with just a 4" spindle lift? I wanted a little more than 31x10.5's on it but if that means I'll be creating problems, I won't do that just yet. Not really thinking about a body lift. I know it's probably blasphemy round here but it's strictly street for this buggy. It won't be in the mud. I'm too old and grouchy to be having that much fun.

So...how big can I go on rubber with the 4" spindles? I'll figure out what to do with the rear end after I do the front. I have an air bag lift on the back that gains me some (used it for towing help). I read somewhere here that if I'm gonna be doing much towing, look away from using blocks on the rear. The rear would probably accept the bigger tires and then some but how far can I push the envelope and NOT rub? Also, I am not afraid of doing a little grinding and cutting in the bumper/valance area but I don't want to get into heavy scraping all the time.

Wheels...offsets and backspacing...while I understand how positive and negative offsets affect the positioning of the tire/wheel, I thought I'd ask here and maybe someone who's already tried it can nail it down for moi. I understand the spindles will take my fronts out an inch or so each side and a spacer on the back might be in order to even things up. Or I thought maybe I could stagger and get everything right at the edge of the fender flares I have coming? I don't really want to get out so wide that the tires are extending out past the flares. Just trying to keep it tucked as close to the edges as I can.

Does that make sense? Opinions?

Thanks for havin' me, GMT.

Bozz in the BlueGrass

What size fenders flares are you getting? Depending on which flares you get you will still have the tires poking out past the flares (assuming you are going to run 285/70/17 tires). I have that size tire on 17x10s with a -24mm offset and my fronts stick out pretty good. I had to trim the bumper slightly to get the tires to clear but its not super noticeable, just the valence.