Post your CCSB's! Need ideas!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
As long as it's done correctly it will be fine, nothing can get in. I'm about the most **** person I know especially when it comes to stuff looking factory:Big Laugh:
It's the only way I'll do something. Just wait til I start this 6.0 swap! Then you will see!:Whoa: Been collecting crap for 6 months but the ***** fixing to get real! I plan to do a thread on it so stay tuned! Roof lights and mirrors are a go!:gm:

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
As long as it's done correctly it will be fine, nothing can get in. I'm about the most **** person I know especially when it comes to stuff looking factory:Big Laugh:
It's the only way I'll do something. Just wait til I start this 6.0 swap! Then you will see!:Whoa: Been collecting crap for 6 months but the ***** fixing to get real! I plan to do a thread on it so stay tuned! Roof lights and mirrors are a go!:gm:

I think I'd want more motor for that big of a truck.

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
I think I'd want more motor for that big of a truck.
I used to think the same thing! But I've since owned a Burb with a 454 and have driven a couple of 8.1 trucks. Don't get me wrong I loved them but 2500hd's with 6.0's are bad ass truck too. For no more towing than I'm gonna be doing it was the most practical engine IMO. Plus I scored the 6.0 for a song!:Big Laugh:

CRF450R

Truckin'
Reaction score
I used to think the same thing! But I've since owned a Burb with a 454 and have driven a couple of 8.1 trucks. Don't get me wrong I loved them but 2500hd's with 6.0's are bad ass truck too. For no more towing than I'm gonna be doing it was the most practical engine IMO. Plus I scored the 6.0 for a song!:Big Laugh:
I had a 2008 Chevy extended cab Silverado 6.0 6spd auto 373 gears and that thing was a beast I had a 3.5" tailpipe on it with a muffler delete with 5" chrome tip on a 45 like a diesel sounded aswome. Pulled like a diesel and thanks to the 373 gears and the 6spd auto I was able to get 17 mpg hwy and thats imperial gallons to. I will be buying another HD 6.0. A 5.7 to a 6.0 swap would be cool even better if you put the 6spd auto in. The 4l80e is nice but the 6l90e 6spd is better.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
I had a 2008 Chevy extended cab Silverado 6.0 6spd auto 373 gears and that thing was a beast I had a 3.5" tailpipe on it with a muffler delete with 5" chrome tip on a 45 like a diesel sounded aswome. Pulled like a diesel and thanks to the 373 gears and the 6spd auto I was able to get 17 mpg hwy and thats imperial gallons to. I will be buying another HD 6.0. A 5.7 to a 6.0 swap would be cool even better if you put the 6spd auto in. The 4l80e is nice but the 6l90e 6spd is better.

6l90e would be awesome! I wonder if a 411 PCM could control it. My engine is a 05 with 01 wiring and cable throttle.

CRF450R

Truckin'
Reaction score
6l90e would be awesome! I wonder if a 411 PCM could control it. My engine is a 05 with 01 wiring and cable throttle.
I think you would have to get a stand alone controller. All they guys that diss the 6.0 vortecs and say they are terrible on gas are the guys with the 4spd autos and 410 gears them 6.0 vortecs mated to the 6l90e 6spd's are beasts they pull like a diesel and if you got 373 gears you get 17+mpg hwy. I just wonder how to make that work in a 88-98 style truck. I'll have to Google more about this standalone kit.