Post lift questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

350chevy719

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So this is for the people thst have had the rcx 6in installed or did it themselves. How long did it take the rear to "settle". I picked mine up from the shop tonight and the back seems super high. The installer told me to give it at least a month and if still not level hell either take a leaf out or crank the bars a little more (not what im wanting to do).
Thanks any right after pics and once settled pics would be much appreciated

Ben D

Reaction score
Just how high is the rear in comparison to the front?
From what you are saying he definitely did the rear add-a-leaf.
I agree if the rear is 1.00" higher or less, yes, IMO the rear will settle very close to the front, but give it more like 90 days.

350chevy719

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It actually rides extremely nice. Comparing to before I had shot balls and 15 year old shocks.

350chevy719

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just how high is the rear in comparison to the front?
From what you are saying he definitely did the rear add-a-leaf.
I agree if the rear is 1.00" higher or less, yes, IMO the rear will settle very close to the front, but give it more like 90 days.

Theres a 1.5 inch difference. But so noticeable if standing 50 ft back looking at the side

mr98z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have had the 6" RCX lift for 3 years now and I've been chasing this Vibration on decel at 65+. Any body else have similar issues after installing this lift? Im Guessing maybe a bad pinion angle but the blocks were tapered.

BeatUp98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have had the 6" RCX lift for 3 years now and I've been chasing this Vibration on decel at 65+. Any body else have similar issues after installing this lift? Im Guessing maybe a bad pinion angle but the blocks were tapered.

I'd change the rear most U joint and see if that doesn't make the difference. Had this problem from 70 and 45 decelerating on my 07 sierra and it cause the housing between the trans and tranfer case to crack and leaked all my fluid out. I never even smelled anything wrong tranny just went out during my 55 mile commute to work. Learned a hard lesson about not letting weird vibrations go for too long.

mr98z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Had My Drive Shaft Balance and u joints replaced. No more Vibs at highway speeds, only getting small vibration when coming off the throttle.