Positive camber on both sides

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aleebee156

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys.

Noticed uneven wear on the front tires (outside edge wearing excessively compared to inner side), visually looked like positive camber on both sides, got the truck aligned, turned out I was correct, alignment fixed positive camber issue. This was about 1 year ago.

Now, the truck has brand new stock sized tires (BFG AT KO2's) with about 3,000 miles on them. I am noticing this uneven tire wear again on the front tires (tears are perfect) and I think I can see the positive camber again. Taking it in next week for free alignment check. Just curious what you guys think this could be? It's both sides... and appears to be very similar both sides not one more than the other. Obviously don't want to be getting alignments every 3,000 miles...

Thanks

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have had a GMT 400 sense 1999, and have fought with my trucks eating tires. This is what I have found out about these trucks.The camber range is from 0.0 to 1.0 with GM saying 0.5 being ideal, but it is not. 0.5 tilts the top of the tires outward, and this results in outside edge tire ware. I always ask for my camber to be set to 0.0 This is still with in spec, and eliminates that outside tire ware. This has worked for my on both my 93 WT 2wd, and my 97 Silverado 3 door 2wd. Any decent shop should give you a print out of the alignment specs, before and after the alignment. Also the wider the tire is, the worst any camber tilt will eat up your tires. When I had my 93, I put 60 series tires at one point. I got 45,000 miles out of those tires, because the camber was set to 0.0

aleebee156

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies and info guys. Glad to know it's not just me but it's pretty annoying. I'll see what the alignment comes back with before they make any changes and have them set it to 0.0 see how that goes. Nothing worse than spending a grand on new tires and watching them wear to crap