Pop when turning at slow speed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

N9nefingers

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got another question for the gurus...I'm getting a pop from something in my suspension when I turn just about full lock at slow speeds, like in a parking lot. I've been chasing it and steering slop lately. What I've done so far...new steering gear, Moog pitman, idler, inner & outer tie rods, upper & lower ball joints and sway bar links. While doing all this noticed the front diff seals were leaking so I pulled the diff, split the cv's and reinstalled in the hub shaft. I also installed a jeep steering shaft. The steering slop is way better, still have some play in the wheel but things feel tight. I just can't figure out the pop? Any ideas? Sorry...it's a new to me 89 rcsb k1500, no lift, no crank, with 200k miles. Any help or ideas are and will be appreciated. Thanks guys

N9nefingers

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I found what appears to be the problem...thing is I don't know how to fix it. My play is in the steering column...where the steering shaft bolts on just past the firewall. There is a c-clip and the stub shaft that the steering shaft bolts to. The play is there. You can actually hear it squeaking when turning the wheel with the truck off. Any ideas how to fix this? Replace the whole column?