Pinstriping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1993GMCSierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi all,

While the paint on my truck looks great, the vinyl pinstriping that the dealer applied is now faded and a bit ugly in places.

If I buy an eraser wheel to remove it, what are the odds of me damaging (scratching) the paint due to the friction it causes stripping off the vinyl? Is there a safer way to do this?

Where exactly can I buy pinstriping to replace it? My pattern is black/silver/black, with a 4mm/3mm/4mm thickness of each stripe.

Now, I'd be fine just applying 3/4" black/silver/black pinstriping over it (seems a lot easier than stripping it off) but I don't know anyone that offers tri-color pinstriping in that combination.

Any help?

Once I get that done, and replace some of my chrome moulding, this baby will be looking fiiiiine. :cool:

firefighter_2319

more time than money
Reaction score
dont worry about the eraser wheel, it wont hurt the paint unless you leave it in one spot for a couple mins

1993GMCSierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks jmig! Prostripe has pretty much exactly what I'm looking for. I hope I cna change up the silver, it looks a bit darker than what the truck has.

I'll give the eraser wheel a shot, but I think I'll try and apply this over the original pinstripe first. If it seems to hold up well, I'll go that route.