Pics of my OBS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sweet stepide the shaved body line does throw me off but in a good way!! Love the truck man nice work!!

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A blue regular cab sportside with shaved steps. That's a familiar recipe. :D I like it. A lot. I'm kind of on the fence with the shaved bodyline, but it's still a sweet truck overall. Nice work.

I love the shaped steps, but why didn't you shave the front steps too?

If it weren't for the front steps, I wouldn't like the sportside bed at all. That front step is what ties the lines of the cab into the lines of the bed to help smooth it out. I don't like older stepside beds because there's really nothing there to tie them together like that. I've seen an OBS truck that had all 4 steps shaved and it didn't look good to me at all. Besides that, the front steps would be harder because I don't believe anyone does or has ever made a kit for shaving the front steps.

Last edited:

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
If you shave the front step as well. Then all you have accomplished is making a narrow dually bed. I agree with 1badgmc. It just wouldn't flow right.

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it weren't for the front steps, I wouldn't like the sportside bed at all. That front step is what ties the lines of the cab into the lines of the bed to help smooth it out. I don't like older stepside beds because there's really nothing there to tie them together like that. I've seen an OBS truck that had all 4 steps shaved and it didn't look good to me at all. Besides that, the front steps would be harder because I don't believe does or has ever made a kit for shaving the front steps.

Oh, Ok. I understand now.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Body is excellent, shaved step makes it really stand out. Time for a 96+ or custom interior and a nice lil LS motor. =) Love it, stick around!

ctucker

Reaction score
Thanks guys.. I do plan on doing a motor swap soon as well... My brother picked up an LT1 out of an early 90's trans am I believe.. I am thinking about rebuilding it if it is not a hard swap to do...

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
It would be an interesting mod to see the front half of a full size bed grafted to the back half of this bed, kind of like a "dovetailed" bed with the dually fiberglass fenders. This setup looks slick and the color is awesome.