overhead console in standard cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Seth GMC

Reaction score
Questions folks.
I just bought an overhead console out of a Tahoe and I want to install in my 97 standard cab. Wondering if anyone can upload a picture of their standard cab without the headliner. Don't want to take one down, but would like to know what I'm drilling into. Any info on the steps would be greatly appreciated!
I think you should take the headliner out. Just my personal experience. It is super easy to do. You only have to take the front pillar covers off. I have a picture on my post with the roof exposed.

plouth

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok so it took a bit longer to get all the things I wanted to do done. Took the overhead apart, and cut the tabs and just drilled into the sub roof sheetmetal. Worked like a charm. Before I did that I recovered part of it with some black perf leather to match the SS seats. Also added in two guages, one for Trans Temp and the other for an extra boost guage since next on the list is a supercharger on the LS motor.
Think I will move onto the doors now and redo the handle are cloth insets with the black perf leather.

You must be registered for see images attach

Bear4297

Reaction score
ok so it took a bit longer to get all the things I wanted to do done. Took the overhead apart, and cut the tabs and just drilled into the sub roof sheetmetal. Worked like a charm. Before I did that I recovered part of it with some black perf leather to match the SS seats. Also added in two guages, one for Trans Temp and the other for an extra boost guage since next on the list is a supercharger on the LS motor.
Think I will move onto the doors now and redo the handle are cloth insets with the black perf leather.

What year Tahoe did that come out of?