Ordered my 3" BL today.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I buttoned up the install of the cab after waiting forever to get my frame mounts fixed but I ran into one small problem. My lower shroud does not fit. The kit came with spacers to lower it down but there is no space under there for it to lower down. Everything is in the way. As it sits it only has the top portion of the shroud installed. Does anybody see any problem with me just leaving the lower one off for now?

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I have been running it with no lowe shroud and it didnt make a difference. So that will sit that way for now.

I lifted the bed today. Tried to do the bracket flip everyone talks about. Didn't work. Not without cutting and drilling of holes etc. So I am gonna order the proper brackets.

You must be registered for see images attach

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
did you switch sides and rotate 180? That's what I was told to do, no one ever said you had to drill holes or anything either.

I could not figure it out myself when I had my bumper off.

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The outside bumper backets flipped and bolted back to the frame fine. the center brackets would not fit back into the frame properly once flipped. That being said. The outer brackets connect to the bumper via a bolt thru the bottom of the bumper and a second bolt thru the front into the back of the bumper. Once flipped there is no hole on the bracket for the lower bolt. and the top bolt has no hole either.

I tried to drill out the stock outer brackets to atleast get the bumper back on lifted up but the more we looked the more we realized the bumper was going to be all redneck and was not going to fit properly. So with that being said I am just going to order the proper brackets. It is not worth my time to mess with it just to save 50 bucks.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
From what I was told the outers don't get flipped, they just stay the same and once the bumper is raised they are right, in the kits they only have a bracket that bolts to the frame in the stock holes to raise it up and let you bolt the outer brackets to them.

The ones you flip switch sides and rotate 180 are the inners. I couldnt understand the flip and rotate 180, do you flip them long ways front to rear then rotate from side to side meaning inners to outer, or vice versa or what? Maybe only one bolt goes back in them and not 2? I tried to look at it when I had it apart but thought eh, I'll figure it out if I ever get my body lift.

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You take the right side bracket and put it on the left. The flip part comes in that you have to literally flip it to make it fit but the inners didnt fit. If you dont flip the outers they will be too low. That whole thing is lame and full of fail.

I don't want to only run one bolt in the bracket. I use the bumper as a step to get into the bed all the time. So I need it to be very secure as I weigh over 200 pounds.

Last edited:

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I never heard of flipping the outers because as you said no way are they gonna work. if the bumper raises 3 inches the outers would raise with it. The inners, I just could not figure it out lol.

Truck looks good though, looks really tall.

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
but as you know the same bolts hold both the inner and outer brackets to each side of the frame. So if you leave the outers attached to the bumper and actually got the inners to flip and raise then the outers would not bolt back to the frame and would be useless which means if you ever step on your bumper you will bend it side to side eventually.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yep that's exactly right and that's why they have the lil' plates that bolt on and raise the outers when you buy the bumper bracket kit, it's just the inners, and then the brackets to bolt to the stock location and then bolt the outers to the upper holes in the new plates.