Opinions on Lucus oil "Tune up in a bottle" fuel injector cleaner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kiss4afrog

Reaction score
snake oil like all the rest of 'em.

used it one time didnt feel a difference.

Besides everyone having a (different) opinion you also have to remember if you felt a difference you had a problem. If you didn't then either you didn't have a problem or you just cleaned the system as maintenance. Just because it didn't fix your problem doesn't mean it isn't a good product it might mean your problem was someplace else in the fuel system or a different system (ignition).

I use their products and although I do believe in a lot of the chemical additives being snake oil I've never gone wrong with Lucas. And no I don't sell it but I have used it in a lot of my customers cars and all of mine.

I believe you get what you pay for if you're lucky and I never buy the house brand "buy one get one free" stuff.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Besides everyone having a (different) opinion you also have to remember if you felt a difference you had a problem. If you didn't then either you didn't have a problem or you just cleaned the system as maintenance. Just because it didn't fix your problem doesn't mean it isn't a good product it might mean your problem was someplace else in the fuel system or a different system (ignition).

I use their products and although I do believe in a lot of the chemical additives being snake oil I've never gone wrong with Lucas. And no I don't sell it but I have used it in a lot of my customers cars and all of mine.

I believe you get what you pay for if you're lucky and I never buy the house brand "buy one get one free" stuff.

Wow this thread is old! lol I'll agree with most of your statement there! BUT a very common misenterpretation is that the house brand is always cheap low grade stuff. For example oil, alot of house brand oil is made by one of the big brands. Now that;s just an example because yes alot of house brand stuff is cheaply made low end stuff, but alot off it is actually a really good product! By the way I noticed your from MN, where you at in the state?

kiss4afrog

Reaction score
I'm in Eagan, and sorry about the "house brand" comment. I love to save a penny when I can and the house brand oil is an exception. I was talking more about chemical additives like when you get to the counter and the kid asks if you'd like "our" FI cleaner or ........ it's BOGO this week.
Oil is a whole different world. I've had some counter people tell me their synthetic is made by Mobil and try to say it's the same. I'm not a believer in that but I do believe that when their house brand synthetic is on sale I have no problem dropping in into my turbo charged vehicle and driving it hard. It's probably just a bit skimpier on the additive package as I have a had time believing it's really the same. One store was saying it's Mobil1 in their house brand bottle. I had someone at an O'Reillys tell me that. I'm not really sure they know what's in their house brand bottle to tell you the truth. The consensus I have from parts stores is that their house brand is like the military, it's purchased from the lowest bidder when it's time to restock. BUT it's purchased from a name brand. Ya never know, it might be the same formula as the name brand and they save by not mixing it up differently. It's like batteries. Not many companies make them, three or four I think but they sure paste a lot of different labels on them. I also change oil early so I'm not that concerned.