Opinions on Lucus oil "Tune up in a bottle" fuel injector cleaner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I picked up a bottle of Lucus fuel injector cleaner the other day when i was at Fleet Farm. I've had nothing but great things to say about Lucus products in the past, but i haven't used this particular product before. Have any of you guys had any experience with this product? I noticed a slight miss at idle the other day, so i thought I'd give this stuff a try. I just would like some opinions before i run it through my system!

You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks!

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I swear by the oil additive and the trans treatment I used the stuff you got pictured and didnt really notice that it did anything,did seafoam in the tank and that worked great

Last edited:

towman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
never noticed any great things from using it, not saying it doesn't though, i am a fan of seafoam, use it in the motorcyles , lawn mowers and the trucks as needed

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I swear by the oil additive and the trans treatment I used the stuff you got pictured and didnt really notice that it did anything,did seafoam in the tank and that worked great

I also swear by there products, I've used them in the past and have had great luck with them!
never noticed any great things from using it, not saying it doesn't though, i am a fan of seafoam, use it in the motorcyles , lawn mowers and the trucks as needed

I run SeaFoam through my boat, bike, lawnmowers, and tractors but i tend to stay away from using it in anything but small motors.

they make great products and there fuel additive works great

100% agree about there products! Next fill up i'll dump it in and see if i get any results! Thanks for all the responses!

The Don

Reaction score
seafoam works great for the vortecs. the lucas additive works better for the diesel applications IMO! lucas does work for the gas engines yet you must run through several tanks to see any effect.

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
be sure to open the motor up a little bit when you use it, let it see some high rpm highway miles, thats when i've seen it be most effective.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I swear by their trans fix, my mom had her excort start slipping, added a bottle and it stopped for over a year, started again and she put in another, stopped the slippage again, then she sold it.

I've used it in everything, including a junkyard th350 I got that worked, I just used it for a preventative, stuff is thick and sticky, so it clings to things. I beat the guts out of the trans and it's still going strong. I also put it in my brand new rebuilt th350.

Now as for that stuff you posted, used it, never saw a difference.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
snake oil like all the rest of 'em.

used it one time didnt feel a difference.

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Automatic transmission fluid does basically the same thing.
And Lucas stuff isn't that great. I know to never use their powersteering stop leak. I used it and my pump nearly locked up.