Register to remove these ads

Opinions on Lucus oil "Tune up in a bottle" fuel injector cleaner

Discussion in 'Engine Performance + Maintenance' started by Mean Green, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Mean Green

Mean Green I'm Awesome

I picked up a bottle of Lucus fuel injector cleaner the other day when i was at Fleet Farm. I've had nothing but great things to say about Lucus products in the past, but i haven't used this particular product before. Have any of you guys had any experience with this product? I noticed a slight miss at idle the other day, so i thought I'd give this stuff a try. I just would like some opinions before i run it through my system!

[​IMG]

Thanks!

2. badazzbulldog

badazzbulldog I'm Awesome

I swear by the oil additive and the trans treatment I used the stuff you got pictured and didnt really notice that it did anything,did seafoam in the tank and that worked great

Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
  3. towman

towman I'm Awesome

never noticed any great things from using it, not saying it doesn't though, i am a fan of seafoam, use it in the motorcyles , lawn mowers and the trucks as needed

4. ///RAGMC

///RAGMC I'm Awesome

they make great products and there fuel additive works great

5. Mean Green

Mean Green I'm Awesome

I also swear by there products, I've used them in the past and have had great luck with them!
    I run SeaFoam through my boat, bike, lawnmowers, and tractors but i tend to stay away from using it in anything but small motors.

100% agree about there products! Next fill up i'll dump it in and see if i get any results! Thanks for all the responses!

6. The Don

The Don Newbie

seafoam works great for the vortecs. the lucas additive works better for the diesel applications IMO! lucas does work for the gas engines yet you must run through several tanks to see any effect.

7. Butch

Butch I'm awesomeR! Staff Member

be sure to open the motor up a little bit when you use it, let it see some high rpm highway miles, thats when i've seen it be most effective.

8. Swims350

Swims350 I'm Awesome

I swear by their trans fix, my mom had her excort start slipping, added a bottle and it stopped for over a year, started again and she put in another, stopped the slippage again, then she sold it.

I've used it in everything, including a junkyard th350 I got that worked, I just used it for a preventative, stuff is thick and sticky, so it clings to things. I beat the guts out of the trans and it's still going strong. I also put it in my brand new rebuilt th350.

Now as for that stuff you posted, used it, never saw a difference.

9. dcZ71

dcZ71 I'm Awesome

snake oil like all the rest of 'em.

used it one time didnt feel a difference.

10. 94_C/1500

94_C/1500 I'm Awesome

Automatic transmission fluid does basically the same thing.
    And Lucas stuff isn't that great. I know to never use their powersteering stop leak. I used it and my pump nearly locked up.