Old77's 1999 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well, I guess I should go ahead and make a build thread. A couple weeks ago I sold my 03 silvy and grabbed this 99 tahoe. Super clean body and about as solid as can be mechanically but has tons of miles. Plans are to get the interior up to ***** (carpet is trash and front seat leather has been eaten by the sun), do a few things to the exterior and drive it.

First major project was getting a third row in it as these didn’t come with a third row as an option. I just completed getting this installed yesterday. Once I'm done with general clean up and tying up some lose ends new carpet goes in. My goal is to have new carpet in it by June once it gets nice and warm outside and to have the interior 100% done by sometime in July. Then I'll focus more on the exterior. My plans for the exterior is pretty simple/subtle. Maybe go up a little bit with some late model OEM wheels. Either 17's or 18's. Haven't 100% decided yet but I have time. Of course, I'll also be doing tint, as well.
You must be registered for see images attach

On to some subpar pics

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Also just ordered these light. When I do this I'll also be doing the 4 corner mod. Hopefully have this installed by the end of the week

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Lights arrived. Tails arrive Friday.

Will be doing the four corner mod when I put these in

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got a similar set of headlights except mine came with smoked amber corners. The clear on the lights lasted about 4yrs before it started to peel. Simple headlight restore fixed them up but just something to keep an eye on if it's parked outside alot.

I have been seeing that 3rd row addition and it's growing on me. Looks good man.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I got a similar set of headlights except mine came with smoked amber corners. The clear on the lights lasted about 4yrs before it started to peel. Simple headlight restore fixed them up but just something to keep an eye on if it's parked outside alot.

I have been seeing that 3rd row addition and it's growing on me. Looks good man.
Thanks, man! I'd never seen anyone put a third row in these before but with four kids I definitely need it so it was worth the effort. The kids have used it a couple times already and love it! :)

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Got some new seat belts I’m gonna try on this third row rather than trying to hang the OEM belts from a Burb from the ceiling like they were intended. These should work great with no modifications:)

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
New tails installed a couple days ago. Headlights, corner lenses and four corner mod happening tonight.