"Old Red" 1994 K1500 Rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMT400FAN

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do it! Can't beat the sound of the Whipple at WOT!

Thats my next mod i think. My transmission is build to handle like 600lbs torque after i had it done. Theres a guy on youtube that has a 98 ECSB with a twin screw whipple and he just boils the tires off with that big block!!! Unbelievable how much differance it makes with just 5psi boost.

94OldRed

Reaction score
Thats my next mod i think. My transmission is build to handle like 600lbs torque after i had it done. Theres a guy on youtube that has a 98 ECSB with a twin screw whipple and he just boils the tires off with that big block!!! Unbelievable how much differance it makes with just 5psi boost.

I believe it! Even with just my TBI small block it would roast the tires pretty good. And I'm lifted on 33's!

GMT400FAN

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe it! Even with just my TBI small block it would roast the tires pretty good. And I'm lifted on 33's!

TBI IMO, is the best way to go, after swapping out the crappy restrictive intake and heads with vortec heads and edelbrock conv. Intake it wakes them right up, especially when you drop a big whipple on top lol! The SFI is great hands down, but i think in the aftermarket performance field, tbi is easier to mod.

94OldRed

Reaction score
Looking back, I wish I would have put a set of vortec heads on mine and maybe a roller cam. When I was rebuilding my engine I was on a tight budget and a quick turnaround. But even without those, the Whipple really woke it up.