Oil Dipstick Tube Replacement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NightRunner

Resident Junkman
Reaction score
Another day another post. When installing my passenger side header, the "tech" who was helping me bent my oil dipstick at an extreme angle to fit the header. Due to other circumstances him and I are no longer working together so I figure I'll tackle it since it can't be that difficult. The problem is that the angle it's bent stops the oil dipstick from going all the way in. Any replacement PNs that I can use to fix this issue? I did find SUM-G3864 as a possible candidate but wasn't sure. Not even really sure how to replace said dipstick tube. Any advice helps!

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The dipstick tube, just twist out of the engine block. Once you undo the keeper that is bolted to the head next to the exhaust manifold, you have to twist the DS tube and pull it up words. Once you remove the tube, you can straighten it out, and most likely reuse it. Keep in mind that the straighter the DS tube is, the easier it will be to install and remove the DS.

NightRunner

Resident Junkman
Reaction score
Didn’t know it twisted out of the block, that’s good info to have. I’ll keep that in mind and see what I can do with it. Thanks!