Oil Cooler Line Fitting size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1BadBowtie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am making up my own oil cooler lines and I have no idea what size and thread the fitting into the radiator is. It looks like 1/2" NPT but I am not sure. I have attached the pictures of the radiator and older fitting.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
5/8"-18 inverted flare.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its not going to be NPT which is a taper thread. It might be a metric thread with o-ring. Let me do some looking.

What about 1/2" straight pipe thread? I don't have a radiator with oil cooler to test it with so not much help. And cant find any info on the net

Last edited:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Inverted flare doesn't use a o-ring does it?

I honestly have no idea. I just know that I'd read 5/8"-18 inverted flare was the factory size for those radiator trans cooler line fittings, so that's what size -6AN adapters I bought for my 4L80E swap. Went in just fine, no leaks.

You must be registered for see images

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you need Engine Oil Cooler fittings or Transmission cooler fittings?

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ah ok, I know the Engine oil cooler lines are a little larger than the trans cooler lines.
And the trans cooler fittings in the radiator are Inverter Flare. Engine oil cooler are Oring straight threads i think.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Now that is helpful right there!!