Offset rims question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z71rider88

Reaction score
i have a 1994 Chevy Silverado k1500 with a 6" pro comp lift kit and want to buy new rims someone told me I need to go with the negative offset and the rims I'm looking at have positive offset 10 and negative offset 6 which one should I get thanks

Tech-GeeK1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A negative offset will set the wheels our further away from the truck and give you a wider stance. It really comes down to preference of appearance, so offset is a bit subjective. Depending on what size tire you plan to run, different wheels with various amounts of offset may require you to do a little bit of trimming on things like your bumper and such. Personally I'd go with the negative 6mm wheels for a more aggressive look, but that's just me.

swervin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would go with the negative off set forsure! Looks better and wider stance so a bit less likely to roll when wheeling not much though. My rims are off set not sure how much but they poke past the fenders about an inch maybe less, need to put my flares on soon!

redchevy914x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
with my trailmaster lift on my 91, if I ran positive 10 offset wheels the front tires rub on the upper control arm. You should be fine with the procomp lift but im not 100% sure on that. depding on how wide the wheels are can make a difference too.

kidd666

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a set of 20x12s on my truck in a negative 44 offset. And a 35x12.5 tire. With my spindle lift on the truck the tires in the front were sticking out about half way. The rears were sticking out probably 4 or 5 inches

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk