OEM Steering Wheel Swap's 88-94

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
As many of you know, GM used the Saginaw steering column for years (Started in the 50's), so this means that any steering wheel for those columns, will fit on the 88-94's!

ill start off with the factory options:

"Fancy" Ribbed Steering wheel 88-94 C/K
You must be registered for see images attach

Standard non-Ribbed Steering wheel 88-94 C/K

Cheyenne steering wheel 88-??
You must be registered for see images

now here is some options that are OEM:
2nd gen Firebird/Formula/Trans am, Formula Wheel

2nd gen Camaro Steering wheel (These were also available in alot of other cars, Vega, Chevette's, Chevelles, GMC Sprints, El Camino, etc(Each have there own insignia on the cap))
You must be registered for see images

67-68 Chev truck wheel

Feel free to add your OEM Steering wheel swap, ill add them to the main post.

Last edited:

slim

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
are all 88-98 steering wheels interchangeable? or are most all gm of that era interchangeable?

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
are all 88-98 steering wheels interchangeable? or are most all gm of that era interchangeable?

the steering column's changed in 1995, so any wheel from 88-94 will fit each other, also, the columns were used for a long time in cars, trucks etc. i have had my 1994 Ribbed Chevy steering wheel on my 1970 Pontiac Lemans and my dads 1969 Camaro.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Hmmmm so the cavalier steering wheel I had in my old s10 blazer would have worked in my gmc too....good to know! I happen to like my oe wheel since I have the fancy one.

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk 2

thohill

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How about this: 1967-68 Chevrolet truck steering wheel, plus 1980's chrome shifter, turn lever (not pictured), ignition lock cylinder, and tilt lever.

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
I love the look of the 80's shifter ^ I put an 80's chrome shifter in my 92, now trying to put the 80's chrome tilt lever in next

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
The more I see the 80's chrome shifter the more I want to add one to my truck with something like a hurst t handle on my 4wd shifter!

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk 2

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
there is another stock one in the 88+ you missed, it was used in the Cheyenne models, it uses a horn button that had screws holding it from behind and the button rubber goes onto the 4 arms of the wheel