OE lower control arm solution?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well i feel stupid, I was under the assumption that the lowers were pressed in. Never had to replace them so never checked, but getting to that time I need to replace so thanks for letting me kno

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The lowers on my 98 K1500 are pressed in. Same with my 97 K3500 and 99 K3500 parts truck. The early trucks are different, 2 of mine have non-forged arms with a forged section on the outboard part of the arm that the BJ presses into. The 99 has full forged arms.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well i feel stupid, I was under the assumption that the lowers were pressed in. Never had to replace them so never checked, but getting to that time I need to replace so thanks for letting me kno
The lower ball joints on my suburban are pressed in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok so I feel less stupid now. I figured all lowers were pressed in but guess on some models theres also bolted in ones, I'll check my burb, my 94c1500 has pressed

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Not all of 'em. My 1996 Yukon has stamped LCAs with press in ball joints.

Then it's like mine and not fully stamped. OP has arms like mine too. Stamped arm, forged outer section with pressed in BJ. That's why I specified fully.

Jcauli82

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
They could have been replaced previously hence the reason for not being riveted in.....

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used the after market-upper CAs, and if so, how was the quality and fit?
I put Moog upper arms on my '97 K2500. They looked fine. This truck gets very little use--it carries a snow plow in the winter, and we didn't get much snow last year.

No idea how the Moog arms will hold up long-term. These are the larger, wider upper arms from the 8-lug trucks.

I was not pleased with the Country of Origin, but I don't remember where they were made. Taiwan? Turkey? Something like that.