OE lower control arm solution?

Discussion in 'Stock Suspension + Bolt On Kits' started by SethT, Nov 12, 2017.

1. SethT

SethT Newbie

Why does no one seem to make a stamped or forged lower control arm for the K1500 trucks? I have 1994 K1500 Blazer. Ball joints and bushings are quite tired. I'd love to simply replace all four control arms. The idea of pressing new bushings and joints into the 23 year old, stamped, corroded, lowers is very unappealing. Is there an aftermarket solution that I'm not finding on line for some reason?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
  2. Cokeman95

Cokeman95 I'm Awesome

I've not found replacement lowers for a 4wd, 2wd ones are available though. I bought a set of lowers from a wrecking yard to rehab with new paint, bushings and ball joints before being installed. Should cut down on my install time. Replacement uppers are available online.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

3. jsfrmsj

jsfrmsj Newbie

I was at a time considering pulling used arms from the junkyard to refurbish and re-sell to the public, but they would have to sell for like $600 a set to be worth it. Probably better off just pulling some from the yard and refurbishing them your self as Cokeman95 suggested.

4. deadbeat

deadbeat Centurion Crew Cab

I am an idiot and sold my 1997 parts truck, I have a 1995 k1500, are the control arms off it the same as my 1997 k1500?

5. Cokeman95

Cokeman95 I'm Awesome

I believe so, but I'm not 100% sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

6. Kirth Gersen

Kirth Gersen Newbie

Like SethT , I also have a 4WD, 1994 K1500 Blazer. With 250K miles, the entire front suspension needs overhaul.
    Guess I'll go the salvage yard route for lower control arms.

Has anyone used the after market-upper CAs, and if so, how was the quality and fit?

7. Steve A

Steve A Newbie

One of the things I've been wondering about is the 2000-2006 Silverado/Sierra 2500 LCAs. They look like they might fit, have the same shock mount and they use the torsion bars as well. I haven't been able to come up with one from Pick-n Pull to measure or do a trial fit though. Anybody have access to one?

8. mountie

mountie Newbie

I just replaced my entire front suspension & steering. ( Man.. the truck rides like brand new !!)

Lower control arms rarely need replacement.. only the lower ball joint. The upper control arms has the bushings that wear.