O2 sensor spacer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aholter90

Reaction score
i asked over at 67-72 , but wanted to ask here too. Can I run a catless exhaust and put a spacer on the rearmost o2 sensors to avoid CEL? My '96 is emissions exempt because I have farm tags so I was toying around with this option.

Black_cirrus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, it usually will work. I've never done it, But I know a few people who have.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I did that to my truck,and it did not work. Sense I had gutted the cats already, I had to come up with something that would work so I took as small piece on the honey comb material That I busted out of the cat, when I gutted it. Then I had to grind it down and cut it, so it would fit into the spacer between the 02 sensor and the exhaust pipe. If you do this, use a dust mask when grinding, this stuff makes a lot of dust, and it is brittle. My truck has been like this for well over a year. No CEL.
You must be registered for see images attach

big green96

Reaction score
I have 96 also it worked for mine for a while, every couple months would get CEL then found another fix online
just wired
micro farad cap & resistor between signal wire & grn on o2 heater would need to be good no CEL for 2yrs