O2 sensor help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dylan5299

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting 2.5in duals with an H pipe and a couple glasspacks in under my truck. I'm not worries about the rear o2's because I'm just gonna tune those out. My question is, does the exhaust shop just add bungs for the front o2 sensors? I thought those are the ones that affect A/F ratio. I just want to make sure so nothing is getting f'ed up by the time the system gets done and installed. Appreciate the help

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Are you going to use long tube headers? If so most of those come with bungs for the front O2 sensors already welded in.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
In that case yes I would just have the shop weld in whatever you need. I'd at least consider upgrading to long tubes if you're going to all that effort, though.

Austin

Reaction score
Here's what I did. I wanted duals with purple hornies and a short exhaust . My friend made me a make shift like h pipe out of my factory y pipe. Threw the hornies on and dumped them. Truck is pretty quiet actually. Runs great and no engine lights. I also have flowtech shortys.

You must be registered for see images attach

Austin

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting 2.5in duals with an H pipe and a couple glasspacks in under my truck. I'm not worries about the rear o2's because I'm just gonna tune those out. My question is, does the exhaust shop just add bungs for the front o2 sensors? I thought those are the ones that affect A/F ratio. I just want to make sure so nothing is getting f'ed up by the time the system gets done and installed. Appreciate the help

Mines not the prettiest but it works