No rear brakes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhumboldt12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The other day, I blew out a brake line, put in a new line, and tried bleeding the brakes. I bled them many many times and no fluid comes out. We pump the brakes, then crack the bleeder. Is there a certain way to bleed them, or a bad master/ proportioning valve?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ince you blew a line Don't forget to push the button back in on the combo valve...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

dhumboldt12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The combo valve is the valve inside the engine bay by the master?

dhumboldt12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What button do you mean? Behind the rubber cap?

Reaction score
Yes, there's little buttons under the rubber caps, if pressing them doesn't fix it just try stomping on the pedal to reset the valve

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The pin should extend when the brake pedal is pressed. Put something flat against the pin to keep it from extending while someone pushes the brakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Stomping the pedal will only work if you have brake pressure. When I did my rear lines I just left the bleeders open filled the master and gave the pedal a couple light slow pushes to get the fluid moving. Then just made sure the master didn't run dry and let the fluid drip till no air came out.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The valve trips when there is s leak. If the rear springs a leak it will block off the rear so you still have brakes... if the front springs a leak it will cut off the front.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Vortec94

Reaction score
The pin should extend when the brake pedal is pressed. Put something flat against the pin to keep it from extending while someone pushes the brakes.

I use a clamp to hold the pin in place. Usually works but after replacing my wheel cylinders, rubber hoses and MC (yes, i bench bled it) and bleeding the lines, i can get a firm pedal with the truck off but with it on i still get the brake light and the pedal goes very soft. It's really annoying.