No high beams

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevyman1994

Reaction score
hey there I need some help. I just got a 2000 gmc 3/4 ton I like the truck but... I have no high beams.the little blue indicator doesn't come on either The day time running lights and low beams work. I'm thinking it might be the switch. But not sure

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok......gonna be captain obvious here and ask the obvious.....

did you check the fuse first?

sent from what use to be a great country...

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Owners manual is a great place to start lol. The fuses can be found where the driver door panel meets the driver side dash. Pop off the cover, all the fuses are labeled on the cover.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If it's got tilt, the 1995-up column is kinda bad about breaking the little wires coming off the multifunction switch if the tilt gets used a lot throughout the truck's life.

Also for whatever reason the headlight switch pigtail likes to burn up.

Richard

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The dimmer switch isn't in the multi function switch it is operated by it. The dimmer is at the lower part of the column at the end of the rod from the multi function lever.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The dimmer switch isn't in the multi function switch it is operated by it. The dimmer is at the lower part of the column at the end of the rod from the multi function lever.
You may want to look closer at a 1995-up column before you say that.

Richard