Newbie here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99z28monster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just bought a 94 silverado 4x4 guy said it was a z71 but I doubt that, since he also said it was a 3/4 ton and that was not true. At least the rear end is a 14 bolt but it is 6 lug ?? He also said it had a nice interior forgot to mention the lack of carpet. I think it is a decent truck to build on though being that I only paid 1300 for the truck. It has 265k on the truck and 100k on the motor which is a 350. Only real issue right now is the transmission slips when it is warmed up. Just going to have it rebuilt to save my self from headaches latter on.

My goals for this truck is to turn it into a decent daily driver and keep the gas mileage around 10mpg while running 33s or 35s. I dont want to go to high as it still needs to be able to get into the woods and haul me around town. I am a newbie when it comes to these trucks I have spent most my time working on Lsx based cars. I know how to go fast and be loud now I wanna learn from yall how to look good and not get stuck.

You must be registered for see images attach

99z28monster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well its good to see folks are waking up back in the states. About time for me to hit the sack getting late. Starting to wonder if a SAS would be easier and cheaper than doing a suspension lift.

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SAS is going to run you anywhere from about $3000 up. Where as you can get a great lift (RCX) for about a grand.

ohio4whlr

Reaction score
that still be a 3/4 ton, unless you it says it on the title that it is a 1/2 ton. they made 3/4 ton six lug trucks they are just light duty. has the 1/2 ton front axle and a 14bsf rear. looks like a nice starting platform.

glfirefighter144

Whoa Black Betty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
check the vin for verification, the sixth digit should be a 1 for a half ton, or a 2 for a 3/4 ton
and for the Z71, that package includes skid plates for the engine, front differential and transmission/transfer, as well as Bilstein shocks from the factory

99z28monster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well ends up that it is in fact a half ton. with different rear axle now I have to figure out what the rear gears are and match the fronts to them