New Z71!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue Thunder

Reaction score
Hey guys, just got this truck a couple weeks ago and decided to sign up for the forum! I found her on craigslist. Guy was asking $5500 but got it for $4700. It's got 183k miles and 50k on rebuilt transmission. It needs a bed liner and the hood could use repainting but other than that it's in pretty good shape. Stoked to finally own one of these old school Z's. It's been one of my dream trucks since I was a kid. Cheers!

You must be registered for see images attach

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good luck with the new ride. As far as bed liners I find that anything in the bed just slides around with them. I have a rubber bed mat about a half inch thick. It protects the floor and nothing sides around.

Blue Thunder

Reaction score
Good lookin truck. Looks almost identical to mine just no decals on my truck.

Nice! That dark tint looks pretty sharp, was thinking about going darker with mine further down the road. Have you had yours repainted? It looks really nice. Blue wasn't my first choice but now I really like it. It actually has some metallic sparkle to it when you see it in the light which is cool. I think the factory color is called indigo metallic. Wow, Just realized we have the same tires too! How do you like yours?

Last edited:

T-Bone

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's one clean machine. What's the first major mod on your list ?

jwgraham1089

Reaction score
Ya the tint helps a lot. That’s the original paint. It’s a 99 they had a little darker blue color at that time looks good all waxed up! And I like the kenda Klever m/t. This is my second set, pretty aggressive tire that can handle a lot but they ride pretty well on the road.

Blue Thunder

Reaction score
That's one clean machine. What's the first major mod on your list ?

Getting the bed line-x'd. It has a herculiner or some DIY liner that is half gone and it looks rough. I took the air dam off to see how it would look. I liked the extra clearance and more rugged look but decided I wanted to keep it looking a little more stock so I cut a little over an inch off and put it back on as a compromise. Looks perfect IMO. I'll post a pic of it. I also want to get the red pin stripe taken off and hood painted after line-x.