New Truck, New Forum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blaine Cornelius

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I recently sold my 2011 Duramax and went old school. This truck was my dream truck in high school which I obviously couldn't afford back then, because it would have been brand new. I am going to set it up just like I wanted to back then. A small lift, I chose the RC 2-3" add a leaf kit, with hopes it will stiffen up the rear, because I do quite a bit of hauling, and not be too high.

Step 1. I have an appointment tomorrow for dual exhaust. In high school I would have gone with glass packs, but in my elder years we are looking at a SS409.

Step 2. Next Wednesday will be the Reflex bedliner. At some point after that I will put my Weatherguard chest in the bed out of my old truck.

Step 3. On the 29th will be the lift kit and tire/wheels.

I'll try to keep updated after I lurk a while! Yall take care and be safe!
You must be registered for see images attach

deejaaa

Became Less Of A Human 5-13-18
Reaction score
wow! high school in the late 90's. i was already 10 years older when my truck was born after i graduated.
welcome and glad you joined the club and went 'ol' school'.
good to see your plans in the works.
i've thought of lining mine but just can't afford it right now.
is it true duals or duals out the muffler?
love the white but GM had such a bad paint system of primer/base, in the years i like, so i went with black.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
welcome aboard.....yea, me and that 409 were born the same year......post up the results of exhaust. looks like a nice clean truck to start with

i chose to go with a JBA single sided rig behind a MagnaFlow cat setup with mandrel bent tubes and ceramic JBA shorty headers for my 383.

Marty W

Reaction score
Very clean truck! Good luck with your build. Hard to find an OBS in that shape!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk