New Truck! Help with wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cturner

Reaction score
Well guys I sold my 02 lifted half ton and bought this truck this past week (1997 ecsb 4x4). It's in amazing shape, drives like a dream. I am keeping it mostly stock but just cleaning it up and hopin to make it a slick old truck. Tell me this, what wheels should i go with? I want to keep 16's solely because the 16in 285 dick cepeks on it now are brand new. Any ideas fellas?

You must be registered for see images attach

cturner

Reaction score
yeah they don't look too bad, i want somethin a little blingy though to break up the gray.. 08-09 gmc all terrain wheels would be awesome but they are near impossible to find

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
you could strip the clear coat off them and buff them. you can get them to a mirror like shine and look awesome.

cturner

Reaction score
you could strip the clear coat off them and buff them. you can get them to a mirror like shine and look awesome.

i do have a spare set of these wheels layin around :hmm:

how do you think i should go about stripping them? wet sand i suppose?
soft 8's aren't too shabby.. and im very fond of eagle 186's

Last edited:

cturner

Reaction score
Everyone uses those 186's...

True, but they are sharp wheels. I just really want the 17" gmc all terrains with tires from the nnbs, or the 18" z71 wheels with tires. So if anyone knows any for sale decently cheap i just may set these cepek tires off to the side for awhile.

slim

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i would stick with something simple, like soft 8s or something of the sort. some aluminum bullet hole style ones or something like that. good lookin z btw!