New Trailer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
See, if I had the money, no, if I wanted to spend the $75k on a new truck, wouldnt even be a decision, 1 ton, quad cab, 4x4, Denali, sunroof, clearance lights :D ,diesel with black leather. When it comes to used diesels.......its not as cut and dried. The 6.5 is completely out for me, 5.9L Cummins is amazing....but the truck is horrid, I just plain ol' dont like Fords but I cant deny the reliability of the 7.3 and the fact their cheap, the Duramax never did it for me as diesel especially since the early models had a lot of teething problems. I am a newly converted GM guy.....but Im not blind to the other manufacturers.

On the subject of interiors IMO historically the GM interiors have been much better than the fords IMO. However the new ford interiors are way sweet interiors I think ford really stepped it up on the newer trucks and I might even say surpassed GM. That is coming from me who is reasonably die hard GM but the exact same opinion also comes from one of my friends who is really die hard Ford so for what it's worth I've heard it from both sides.

I don't think I would ever buy one of the older Powerstrokes(jokes) While I have never actually driven them I've been around them and there is one aspect of them that breaks the deal right off the bat... They're Loud! Diesels have always been louder than gassers but the powerstroke is just unbearably loud from inside and outside. It's just too obnoxious for me... I would probably say more obnoxious than excessive exhaust drone. The new ones are tons more quiet but so are the new D-Maxes from what I've seen so that's a major plus for the new engines... and 880ft/lbs of torque is awesome on the new powerstrokes.

BURBAN GUY

Redneck Rolls
Reaction score
Ya it'll do it. Pullintoy has the same truck and pulls a 7000lb camper and has no prob pulling up and downhills and mountains.

BURBAN GUY

Redneck Rolls
Reaction score
Make sure it's a 3/4 ton. It will have the 4:10s and 80e trans. My sub has the same setup and going to pull 1972 Holiday Rambler 30'
that weighs 6000lb dry also.

LUCASisCOOL

Reaction score
My dad has a 98 3/4 ton with the 350, 80e and 4.10, and it will pull anything, but you are also stopping at every gas station you see. on the flipside, i know i guy that has put the late 90s cummins in 2 suburbans and one eclb 3/4 ton. and the suburbans are outrageous.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
On the subject of interiors IMO historically the GM interiors have been much better than the fords IMO. However the new ford interiors are way sweet interiors I think ford really stepped it up on the newer trucks and I might even say surpassed GM. That is coming from me who is reasonably die hard GM but the exact same opinion also comes from one of my friends who is really die hard Ford so for what it's worth I've heard it from both sides.

I don't think I would ever buy one of the older Powerstrokes(jokes) While I have never actually driven them I've been around them and there is one aspect of them that breaks the deal right off the bat... They're Loud! Diesels have always been louder than gassers but the powerstroke is just unbearably loud from inside and outside. It's just too obnoxious for me... I would probably say more obnoxious than excessive exhaust drone. The new ones are tons more quiet but so are the new D-Maxes from what I've seen so that's a major plus for the new engines... and 880ft/lbs of torque is awesome on the new powerstrokes.
IMHO, Fords had best interior until Chev came out with NBS.