New Trailer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
My buddy had an 05 f250 king ranch with the powerstroke and it was impressive after he had it studded and tuned. But then he decided to take the tune off so he didn't **** his truck up. It was still a damn good truck.

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im sure they are fine trucks, but much line a food or drink you hate, no matter what argument they make, it will still taste like ****. I wanted a Ranger when I was younger, but as far as their full size trucks, naaaahhh.

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like Cummins as a motor and Chev/GMC as a truck. I just have never ever liked Ford.
:word:

I did however ride in a 2011 F-350 King ranch the other day and I gotta give credit where credit is due... It was a nice truck. I didn't get to drive it and I haven't been in any of the new D-maxes or Rams so I can't make a comparison.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
:word:

I did however ride in a 2011 F-350 King ranch the other day and I gotta give credit where credit is due... It was a nice truck. I didn't get to drive it and I haven't been in any of the new D-maxes or Rams so I can't make a comparison.

All 3 are very nice trucks and I have driven all of them in the 3/4 ton flavor. If I was buying one that I had to spend a lot of time in it without towing it would be the ford, if I was towing all the time it would be the dodge, but if I was buying a diesel just because I could it would be a chevy.

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All 3 are very nice trucks and I have driven all of them in the 3/4 ton flavor. If I was buying one that I had to spend a lot of time in it without towing it would be the ford, if I was towing all the time it would be the dodge, but if I was buying a diesel just because I could it would be a chevy.

There is just something about a CUmmins purring up a long hill with a heavy load, I love it!! If I could buy the perfect truck, Cummins engine, Allison tranny, GMC body and interior and ford drivetrain.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
The Allison is honestly not that great of a transmission if you plan on doing anything to a motor at all. This goes for every auto tranny behind a diesel though, they will all need to be built. If I ever bought a cummins it would have to be a manual trans.

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There is just something about a CUmmins purring up a long hill with a heavy load, I love it!! If I could buy the perfect truck, Cummins engine, Allison tranny, GMC body and interior and ford drivetrain.

That sounds like a pretty solid truck. Maybe I should consider a Cummins swap over the 6.0 swap I'd love to do haha jk I think the 6.0 swap is hard enough.

What about the ford makes you choose it for "general purpose" work over the Chevy?