New tools!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

7thdarkangel

Breaking Sh*t
Reaction score
Anyone know of a decent cordless 1/2 inch impact? I've got a cheapie Harbor Freight one, but I've been looking at Milwaukee, Ingersoll Rand, and Porter Cable.
The Milwaukee is pretty ******* expensive, but everything I've seen has been great reviews; not much on the IR or Porter Cable, which are a little cheaper.

Me and my buddy have the Milwaukee m18 fuel. Absolutely love the thing. Its used mainly to maintenance his three tri-axles.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I've already been through 2 HF 1/2 ratchets and a 3/8s, and not to mention stripped out countless sockets, mainly the important ones.
If I break Craftsman tools, I'll fold and buy Mac or something.
I have a lot of Craftsman tools. Mostly sockets. I have never used any of their ratchets. I've always loved my Snap-on ratchets and I have a MAC 1/4 flex head. The high tooth count makes for use in tight spaces much better, and they feel a lot more sturdy in the hand when used. I avoid cheap impact sockets. I had one almost explode on me once and I said I would never trust a cheaper set again. Husky makes damn good impact sockets. I have a Snap-on set of metrics but I used to have all husky. I like Ingersoll pneumatic tools. Always have good luck with them. I have a HF breaker bar that I have put through all sorts of hell and it hasn't given me a single bit of trouble. I have the diamond tip Craftsman screw drivers. Cheap ones just don't seem to hold up. I have a set of cheapies for prying or punching. I have Tekton pry bars, punches, chisels, and a few other odds and ends. No complaints.
HF has some good and some bad stuff and I have some of there better hand tools, I figure a lifetime replacement is a lifetime replacement. I was still in the stone ages dragging air hoses around behind me. And that is alright until you drag a sandy air hose across a newly painted fender.
High end tools if you are not in the business is something you have to force yourself to do.. It only hurts for a little while =)
I need an air compressor. Bad.

Sent from my flagged XT1635-01

Tyler/T-Unit

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a lot of Craftsman tools. Mostly sockets. I have never used any of their ratchets. I've always loved my Snap-on ratchets and I have a MAC 1/4 flex head. The high tooth count makes for use in tight spaces much better, and they feel a lot more sturdy in the hand when used. I avoid cheap impact sockets. I had one almost explode on me once and I said I would never trust a cheaper set again. Husky makes damn good impact sockets. I have a Snap-on set of metrics but I used to have all husky. I like Ingersoll pneumatic tools. Always have good luck with them. I have a HF breaker bar that I have put through all sorts of hell and it hasn't given me a single bit of trouble. I have the diamond tip Craftsman screw drivers. Cheap ones just don't seem to hold up. I have a set of cheapies for prying or punching. I have Tekton pry bars, punches, chisels, and a few other odds and ends. No complaints. I need an air compressor. Bad.

Tyler/T-Unit
I have a HF 30 gal I bought five years ago to use in my garage, it has been used and used.. Thought I would work it to death when I used it on a large building project running a air nail gun . But if it died today it has payed for it's self. I believe it was 128.00 bucks with coupons. When it dies I will buy another just like it.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
If I can talk the wife into letting me invest in one.......I'll also have to run 220 into my garage.

Tyler/T-Unit

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If I can talk the wife into letting me invest in one.......I'll also have to run 220 into my garage.

Tyler/T-Unit
I had the same issue and that is why I chose the largest 110 volt compressor they had. And I had limited power to my garage.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
My napa guy must be a used car salesmen on the side. I went in there looking for a 17mm allen socket to drain my trans fluid and walked out with a suction pump and a new 3/8 flex digital tq wrench.
You must be registered for see images attach
Its nice af tho. This particular one was $120 but if anyone needs a good tq wrench your local napa has them on sale big time. I almost bought a fixed head 1/2 digital for $150 but my wallet told me no.

Heres my new 17mm allen socket also. Might be a tad rednecky but it works perfect.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
My napa guy must be a used car salesmen on the side. I went in there looking for a 17mm allen socket to drain my trans fluid and walked out with a suction pump and a new 3/8 flex digital tq wrench.
Its nice af tho. This particular one was $120 but if anyone needs a good tq wrench your local napa has them on sale big time. I almost bought a fixed head 1/2 digital for $150 but my wallet told me no.

Heres my new 17mm allen socket also. Might be a tad rednecky but it works perfect.
Alright so my rednecky solution didnt work so perfect. i welded the outside nut to the bolt and double nutted it but broke the weld before the fill plug came loose. thats fine though, im making a 17mm hex at work.

Started with this

Milled out
Sawn off and deburred
should work better than the last idea.

Last edited:

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
So, when doing injector and glow plugs stuff on a 7.3 powerstroke, lots of oil gets into the cylinders. My roommate figured he could leave the injector out and crank it on his no start tune and pump it out. He wasn't thinking. Luckily he only had one cylinder opened up. He filled the front right with fuel and oil. No way to get a pump in there. I don't even have a pump. At 10pm Saturday night with an ice storm approaching, kind of lost as to what to do, he called me. I got home and took a gander at it. Took me about 30 seconds to figure out a solution. I had to sacrifice a fancy spray bottle I used for armor all on the boats. I pulled the trigger mechanism off, grabbed some clear vacuum line I had laying around and stuck that over the end of the trigger straw. Shoved it down into the injector hole and sprayed out half a Pepsi bottle of diesel fuel and oil. Filled the bottle the rest of the way with oil from removal of the other 3 on that side.

Hoping I can just clean up the sprayer with some purple power sucked into it and then rinse with water.

Tyler/T-Unit

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
So, when doing injector and glow plugs stuff on a 7.3 powerstroke, lots of oil gets into the cylinders. My roommate figured he could leave the injector out and crank it on his no start tune and pump it out. He wasn't thinking. Luckily he only had one cylinder opened up. He filled the front right with fuel and oil. No way to get a pump in there. I don't even have a pump. At 10pm Saturday night with an ice storm approaching, kind of lost as to what to do, he called me. I got home and took a gander at it. Took me about 30 seconds to figure out a solution. I had to sacrifice a fancy spray bottle I used for armor all on the boats. I pulled the trigger mechanism off, grabbed some clear vacuum line I had laying around and stuck that over the end of the trigger straw. Shoved it down into the injector hole and sprayed out half a Pepsi bottle of diesel fuel and oil. Filled the bottle the rest of the way with oil from removal of the other 3 on that side.

Hoping I can just clean up the sprayer with some purple power sucked into it and then rinse with water.

Tyler/T-Unit
Should be able to, diesel fuel doesnt eat seals like gasoline and alcohol does. If it does just make him buy ya a new squirt bottle from the dollar store