New tools!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
I love my dewalt. I havnt touched a breaker bar or a 4 way since i bought it. Ive heard great things about milwaukee, IR, and makita. Cant go wrong with any of them imo. Honestly if your looking for yoyr first cordless, i would look around and see who makes what kind of tools you might be interested in in the future. Itll save you money to buy a couple batteries and buy bare tools. Stay away from porter cable though. I had a few of their tools and the battery life is pathetic at best.

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone know of a decent cordless 1/2 inch impact? I've got a cheapie Harbor Freight one, but I've been looking at Milwaukee, Ingersoll Rand, and Porter Cable.
The Milwaukee is pretty ******* expensive, but everything I've seen has been great reviews; not much on the IR or Porter Cable, which are a little cheaper.
I just bought the Milwaukee M18 Gen II 1/2 drive impact and a M18 3/8 impact.. I milled it Around for a long time and then went with M18 due to the variety of tools that can be used with the M18. I really debated hard between Dewalt and Milwaukee but I am very happy with them.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
I just bought the Milwaukee M18 Gen II 1/2 drive impact and a M18 3/8 impact.. I milled it Around for a long time and then went with M18 due to the variety of tools that can be used with the M18. I really debated hard between Dewalt and Milwaukee but I am very happy with them.

My buddy has a Dewalt impact that I like, it zipped the bolts right off my bumper when I was swapping to a diesel bumper.

I still need to replace my crappy HF tools with Craftsman or some such tools....

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My buddy has a Dewalt impact that I like, it zipped the bolts right off my bumper when I was swapping to a diesel bumper.

I still need to replace my crappy HF tools with Craftsman or some such tools....
HF has some good and some bad stuff and I have some of there better hand tools, I figure a lifetime replacement is a lifetime replacement. I was still in the stone ages dragging air hoses around behind me. And that is alright until you drag a sandy air hose across a newly painted fender.
High end tools if you are not in the business is something you have to force yourself to do.. It only hurts for a little while =)

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Id watch what you get from craftsmen anymore. I just broke my 3/8 flex head ratchet tonight. Its the second one ive had to warrenty in the last year.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Id watch what you get from craftsmen anymore. I just broke my 3/8 flex head ratchet tonight. Its the second one ive had to warrenty in the last year.

I've already been through 2 HF 1/2 ratchets and a 3/8s, and not to mention stripped out countless sockets, mainly the important ones.
If I break Craftsman tools, I'll fold and buy Mac or something.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
I've already been through 2 HF 1/2 ratchets and a 3/8s, and not to mention stripped out countless sockets, mainly the important ones.
If I break Craftsman tools, I'll fold and buy Mac or something.
Look into tekton impact sockets. They play very well with my dewalt and all the ratchets. I mostly have craftsmen and carlyle. Hf breaker bars seem to hold up well though

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I went through a few of those flew head 3/8 craftsmans. Got one now that I think the internals are stripped same with both my 1/2 craftsman. And my local Sears is closing down so there's only the Ace for now, until lowes starts carrying them. The more tools I buy an break the less I care abt price and more I care about replacement warranty, how far do I have to drive to replace a broken tool and who has better customer service. The sears always had some jerk who had no idea what he was doing.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
I went through a few of those flew head 3/8 craftsmans. Got one now that I think the internals are stripped same with both my 1/2 craftsman. And my local Sears is closing down so there's only the Ace for now, until lowes starts carrying them. The more tools I buy an break the less I care abt price and more I care about replacement warranty, how far do I have to drive to replace a broken tool and who has better customer service. The sears always had some jerk who had no idea what he was doing.
Thats exactly why i get ace/craftsmen or carlyle. The biggest store we have in my town is a kroger lol.

GreenZ98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone know of a decent cordless 1/2 inch impact? I've got a cheapie Harbor Freight one, but I've been looking at Milwaukee, Ingersoll Rand, and Porter Cable.
The Milwaukee is pretty ******* expensive, but everything I've seen has been great reviews; not much on the IR or Porter Cable, which are a little cheaper.
Dewalt gets my vote also I love mine. I was mad at myself for not having bought one sooner after how easy it made things.