New to the forum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice truck man, your story sounds a lot like mine, Ive wanted a GMT400 for a really long time. Now that I have one, Ive spent a lot of cash on it to try to get it ready for winter, bought it as a winter beater......but I drive it more than my DD :D

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Lol, I have 2 of them and I love driving both of them! Id rather take either one on vacation instead of a rental car... unless I find a place that rents OBS Z71s, haha

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
HAHAHA........Id love that. The g/f doesnt get why I dont take my manual, 250 horse, leather clad, climate controlled sedan with a Bose stereo than my "winter beater".....or rez rocket as she calls it.

bizzo15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't want to hijack the thread but Luke I gotta say man your truck is absolutely gorgeous from the color of the paint to the front grill I love the way it looks. Fobroader, I'm in the same boat with wanting to drive the OBS over my nice plush leather interior Impala. I guess I've always wanted a truck and now that I have one I love to drive it. Too bad it's been disassembled for the better part of a month getting it ready for winter. Once I sell my XJ I'll have some free cash to get her all put back together and ready for winter. Good thing I guess that winter lasts about 6 months around here and the truck will be my only vehicle during that time.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
HAHAHA........Id love that. The g/f doesnt get why I dont take my manual, 250 horse, leather clad, climate controlled sedan with a Bose stereo than my "winter beater".....or rez rocket as she calls it.

Lol, I don't have that problem, my wife was always wanting to drive my 94 when she had her 05 Malibu, the Malibu is long gone and now we have another OBS so we can both drive what we want!!

bizzo15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah XJ's are fun little vehicles and I'm sure I'll own another one some day...I really want a 2dr 5spd. The truck was more practical for me than the XJ so that's what I'm sticking with I just need to get the XJ sold so I can have some truck fund money.

Back on topic, urban nice clean OBS, they are very hard to find in that shape in the Northeast

Reaction score
Luke your truck really does look good man...and i think after seeing the rollpan on there it has made my decision to go with it..Although i would like to keep my hitch..But my concern is this...ive heard about the "hidden hitch" but not sure how it works exactly..does it go behind the rollpan and the rollpan must be removed when using the hitch? Id really like to mold the pan to the truck for a seamless look

Reaction score
yeah XJ's are fun little vehicles and I'm sure I'll own another one some day...I really want a 2dr 5spd. The truck was more practical for me than the XJ so that's what I'm sticking with I just need to get the XJ sold so I can have some truck fund money.

Back on topic, urban nice clean OBS, they are very hard to find in that shape in the Northeast

Dont let the pictures fool you...It does have the usual rust on the cab corners and rockers (which you can see i started to repair in a few pictures), along with some bubbling around the rear wheels..but body work is my profession and will all be taken care of in due time... I recently grinded the frame and sprayed it with 'undercoat' and chip guard. That was my biggest concern to deal with first..Like you said Trucks in the northeast region are known unfortunately rot out. So i figured i would make that my priority

P.S Hijacked back

Luke

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Luke your truck really does look good man...and i think after seeing the rollpan on there it has made my decision to go with it..Although i would like to keep my hitch..But my concern is this...ive heard about the "hidden hitch" but not sure how it works exactly..does it go behind the rollpan and the rollpan must be removed when using the hitch? Id really like to mold the pan to the truck for a seamless look

No you just have to take the license plate off or buy a flip down bracket. Pretty much every roll pan comes with a square hole behind the plate for a hitch.