New to the forum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I stumbled upon this forum while searching for some answers on issues with my truck, but it seems like there is a nice group of friendly people on here. So i decided to stay :)

I recently bought my truck 4 months ago..and just fell in love with it. I wanted a full size GMT since i start driving when i was 16..it only took me 11years to finally get one. lol

I look forward to shooting the crap with you all.

-Kevin

Below is a few pictures of my truck...

1998 GMC Sierra SLE Z71 4x4
5.7 SFI with 126k Miles
Stock with the exception of aftermarket wheels

First pictures on the day i bought it:
You must be registered for see images attach

With the Aftermarket wheels:

20" Falken Black and chrome wheels w/ Falken Ziex Street Tires(hopefully not for long)

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
great ride. i wish mine was in half as good of shape. can't wait to see pics of it in pieces hahaha

Reaction score
thank you for the welcome...

As of right now I just want to get all the mechanical in order, Nothing serious.. I have a vacuum issue that i cannot seem to find at the moment and it needs one of the catalytic converters replaced but, I am undecided which direction i want to head with the exhaust.
Appearance wise I would like to add a mild lift (3" body, Nothing extreme) just so i can add some bigger tires to the wheels. I also have a roll pan and license plate box to relocate the license plate to the tailgate. Also i am trying to convince a buddy of mine to sell me his twin cowl induction hood. I like the idea of a visor but i really dont want to drill holes into the roof (in case i ever want to remove it). Maybe some new head and tail lights. My interior is in great shape with the exception of a small cigarette burn from the previous owner, so i dont think i want to mess around inside too much. Possibly just an aftermarket stereo with some decent speakers

Reaction score
welcome aboard
hope u dont plan on leaving it stock lol,,its too hard

definitely not lol... Love the nose set-up you have on yours.. i was thinking of going with that grill or just removed the emblem on mine and "blacking it out"
black out covers on the lights,signals and side covers and painting the grille black.. id like to also add a smooth painted bumper to the front.

Im not a big fan of chrome..but bits of it here and there add a nice accent...i just think the black accents on the white would really stand out

Last edited:

1990GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks
gonna lose alot of visability with the blackout cover unless uve got hids
id just get a nice set of smoked headlights just make sure they have a reflective inside
as for the body lift make sure u raise the rear bumper too,,there nuthing i hate more than a
truck lifted with a big gap between the bumper and tailgate