new to the forum (body lift Questions)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tokestahoe98

Reaction score
hey whats up guys i have a 1998 2 dr tahoe im very intrested in get a body lift what is the best kit to get a 3 inch lift and tires for stock rims i want to go beefy . i have had this truck for 6 years now its time to play with it. any other input on body lifts would be appreciated

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
get a summit body lift, it is a repackaged performance accessories kit. If your gonna go body lift get the gap guards and some n-fabs or some sort of side step to hide the frame. If your keeping stock wheels you can fit 35s no problem.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
get a summit body lift, it is a repackaged performance accessories kit. If your gonna go body lift get the gap guards and some n-fabs or some sort of side step to hide the frame. If your keeping stock wheels you can fit 35s no problem.

:word: Go with a summit kit, they have about the best price around for BL's. And FOR SURELY get gap guards, they really make a big difference in appearance. As far as what tires to get, that comes down to prefferance. Every tire has pro's and con's. For a daily or if 99% of the time it doesn't go offroading , i'd say go with a A/T tire, to keep a good ride and they have a fairly long life. There are several manufactures that make aggresive A/T's.

tokestahoe98

Reaction score
if i get the summit kit am i going to need to get any other extra parts besides the gap gaurds

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
I am not entirely sure on how the rear bumper brackets work for the hoes but on the truck I have heard you can take the left and riight brackets and switch sides and flip em upside down and that will raise it three inches. But other than rear bumper brackets and gap guards it comes with everything needed to actually lift the body.