New steering gear issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jurt

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey

So I just replaced my power steering pump, steering gear and lines. On my 94 k1500. I think I bled the system correctly, I had the wheels off the ground and went lock to lock 20 times with the engine off. then again with the engine on. Cap off the pump both times.

But when I put the truck back on the ground with the engine running, I can hardly turn the wheel at all with out feeling like I'm going to snap my steering shaft.

Is there a better way to bleed? Do I still have air in the system? Please let me know what you think

Jurt

Last edited:

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
Im having the same issues with super tight steering, It could be you evo Speed sensor on the steering column.

I was told if I disconnect the sensor my truck will steer stupid easy like a mid 70's cadillac

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Jurt

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im having the same issues with super tight steering, It could be you evo Speed sensor on the steering column.

I was told if I disconnect the sensor my truck will steer stupid easy like a mid 70's cadillac

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

My truck is a 94( I just updated my first post). I don't think it has the evo speed sensor. I just removed the return line off the back of the pump. As the engine was running. And I had nothing coming out of the line. Bad pump? Or maybe the gear box is plugged or something?