New receiver hitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

70stroker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Guys the hitch i have on my 95 seirra non z71 truck is tiny and angles downward, needless to say i dont feel comfortable towing anything with it.

What is a good aftermarket hitch i can get that is comparable to all my buddies z71 hitches that are way bigger then what i got. I dont want one that bolts the center piece to the outsides. I want a one piece one.

Part number and links very appreciated. Btw i have look in all of our junkyards around here.
Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Blazed

The Blazed One
Reaction score
I got a U-Haul hitch on my truck. Might wanna look into those, it's round tubing and attaches well.

gunz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
REESE....I dont care for round tube hitches, they tend to loose some of the structural support of the square tube applications.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
It's more about what you want to tow and the hitch rating rather than what it looks like. For example:

Class I —up to 2,000 pounds (910 kg) — light loads
Class II —up to 3,500 pounds (1,600 kg) — light loads
Class III —up to 5,000 pounds (2,300 kg) — larger loads (campers, boats, etc.)
Class IV —up to 10,000 pounds (4,500 kg) — larger loads (campers, boats, etc.)

Mine is OEM and class IV.

Almost every serious hitch out there is still going to bolt to the frame and bumper extensions. The lighter hitches may or may not include the bumper. Very few manufacturers only bolt to just the frame, but they're out there.

My class IV has two bolts into the frame extension, but 4 more into the frame rails.

As long as your hitch rating falls in where you intend to tow, you're good. Once you figure that out, you can purchase on the differences of looks between brands. Just make sure you stay in the proper class for your load.

But that only scratches the surface.

Then you are into items like drop hitches, ball sizes, etc, etc....

Last edited: