Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bu327

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello, just joined. I have a 93 C1500 RCSB Step side with an animal of a stock TBI 305!(ha) The truck was all stock when it was GIVEN to me by an awesome co-worker with 285,000m on it. Original engine, rear axle replaced once(jasper), and it’s on the third trans(4L60E from GM). I was gonna yank the engine after it passed 300, but it just keeps runnning too damn well at 328,000. Much plans for truck in the future, looking forward to this community’s help, thanks!

Maybe I’ll post a pic if someone tells me how ha

Bu327

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Here’s the pics, sorry for the double. You can see I’m halfway through a 6 lug conversion that I’m currently second- guessing.

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
Welcome! Don't second guess it! There's so many great looking factory 6 lug wheels you could use! Zip on the factory 5 lugs. Other than 454SS Wheels. IMO.

Bu327

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The reason I even wanted to go 6 lug was to put the ‘10 LTZ 20” 5 spokes on it. They are not cheap nor are the tires and I’m worried the 20 inchers with a lower profile 28” tire won’t look right to me with only the planned 2/4 drop. Maybe seeing an example would change my mind. The wheels on the front are some 18” GMC wheels I got for free, the center caps can’t go on because the wheel bearing hub sticks through. I wonder if the LTZ’s would have the same problem?

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
The reason I even wanted to go 6 lug was to put the ‘10 LTZ 20” 5 spokes on it. They are not cheap nor are the tires and I’m worried the 20 inchers with a lower profile 28” tire won’t look right to me with only the planned 2/4 drop. Maybe seeing an example would change my mind. The wheels on the front are some 18” GMC wheels I got for free, the center caps can’t go on because the wheel bearing hub sticks through. I wonder if the LTZ’s would have the same problem?

I think it would look awesome! I'm a 4x4 man, but someone will probably chime in that's done it. Seems like I remember reading somebody doing it with some 1.5-2" wheel adapters and the caps worked.