New Member with New Fullsize!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I finally got my 94 and up grille installed on my truck. found out that the filler pieces that bolt to the fenders are different... haha anyways.. got it installed finally today!
You must be registered for see images attach

Also had a bed cover from my dad's truck laying around so I decided to throw it on yesterday!

I finally got a new seat for my truck too, but I have to finish cleaning them up before I post any pics up :)

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
I am willing to bet the reason why your cab and bed don't line up is due to wore out cab mounts or the metal the cab mounts rest on is rotted out. Very common on these trucks.

I dont know if ou looked at the cab mounts. But im willing to bet on it too! Up north around here, 9 out of 10 older chevys like this, are all sitting like that ! Even mine did it. Its the cab mounts that rought out, and push through the floor.

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I looked at it.. it does not look to be rotted out, but just a bad body bushing. Haven't FULLY looked into it, but the rubber mount is all ripped up and parts of it missing so hoping that is all it is!

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure If anyone ever reads my thread, but thought I might add that I looked at the product key in the glovebox to check and see what rear end I am running and it has the G80 which is gm factory posi rear end.. and a GU2 code which comes back with a 273 gearing ratio. Never heard of one being that low, but it sure makes a difference coasting down the highway!

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah 2.73's are really high although low numericly gear's, you should get some good mileage on the interstate!

trailer-trash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
do the 2.73s make it a dog stoplight to stoplight? I know there was a helluva difference for my rig goin from 3.42s to 4.10s...

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It is kind of a dog yes. You put your foot into it... Doesnt get up n go very good. Going 65-70 mph down the interstate it is cruising right around the 1500rpm mark!

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finally got a outer pic of my truck. Not much else going on right now with it.. haha bills to pay.. :(

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Notched the frame on Saturday.. Did not take any picures myself, but I guess my ole lady snuck one in on me so I do have one picture to show you guys of some progress I got done this weekend!

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well got my new window put in yesterday since the old one was made out of plexi glass. Found a used/brand new C R Lawrence sliding back window. Not too bad to install. Tired of the plexi glass rattling.. lol Here are the pics