New Member with New Fullsize!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nate3531

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome, I have owned about 5 S-10's myself and always loved them, I have always wanted a fullsize for the space, but still love my "dimes". My son has a 1998 RCSB 2.2 5 speed waiting on him when he turns 16. I drive it some now to save gas :D

On your fullsize, great starting point. Mine is pretty rough also, and I have the same issue with the cab and bed not lining up. I think it is worn cab body mounts. That is where I am going to start when I get a few more dollars to throw at her.

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I will have to look into that.. The bed is bolted down nice and good. I took a glance at the cab mounts, but don't remember now what they looked like exactly.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thought I would introduce myself on this site.. I am new to the fullsize pickups.. I have been a s10 junkie for a while now and decided it was time to step it up to a fullsize. Here is what I am working with..
You must be registered for see images attach

Not very many pics of it right now as I just picked it up today.. it is a 1988 scsb 350 auto. Body on it is in ok shape.. interior def needs a new seat. I have been looking through quite a bit of threads, but haven't found really what I was looking for yet.. I am sure it has been stated many times before but I cannot find it so spare my newbieness.. ok here are my questions.. What all seats will interchange outta these trucks?? or slight mods to make different seats to work?? I am looking at doing a 5/8 possibly.. I am only going to be doing a bolt in C notch due to not being able to weld.. Curious on everyones take on a 5/8 with just a bolt in c notch. I do not haul much at all so thats no big deal. Next thing is.. I have some old school small bolt pattern chevy rallies that I would love to put on the fullsize with wheel adapters.. Just curious to know if anyone has done it.. or if it can be done. I have been officially up over 24 hours straight so i am exhausted.. Hope some people can help me out.. Here is some pics of my s10s I have>

Welcome, and nice truck'!

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh.. forgot that I might add.. I traded a 03 660 raptor for the fullsize pick up. For what I had in the raptor.. I gave around 800 bucks for the fullsize :D

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Few more pictures of the truck under the hood.. nothing special at all. Thought I might show off my original smog/egr setup lol.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Noticed the bed sitting high. Not sure what happens to cause that though. Where you located?

severedchris

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
ya got a nice start there...ive owned three s-10s, "ya gotta start somewhere"...the fullsize definitely has potential...any of the seat combos from the 88-98s with work in your truck as well as the 99 tahoe/suburban front seats, but in order to do buckets you will have to drill two holes on each side near the tranny tunnel for the inside seat bolts, as for the bed sitting too high i would start by replacing the body bushings, if that doesn't fix it you need to crawl under the truck and look for bends in the frame..I noticed the bed has been replaced...the truck could have been rear-ended..if so the two rear rails may be bent up slightly, then you would just take it to a local body shop and have them put it on a frame machine..I recommend a pro shop with a laser style machine....good luck!!!

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
a little background on this truck.. It has been around town for a long time.. and I sorta knew the guy. he was a "mechanic" I always told myself and my friend that I was going to own that truck someday.. then he sold it to another guy.. then I finally got it haha. The guy older guy I got it from started replacing body panels because it was getting rusty. the front of the truck has been painted... If i was to guess it is a single stage paint from the looks of it. I looked it over perty good looking for rust holes in the frame because you never know.. I appreciate the advice on the seats.. Wouldnt be the first set I had to drill holes in the floor pan.. lol I am on the hunt looking for something to throw in it for now.