new member, 1994 k1500 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1994_GMC

Reaction score
thanks ill have to grab a set for my chassis build. Did you do all new brake lines as well or just patch?
All new from the rubber hose to the prop valve, the truck had 3 brass unions between the diff and front, so I just used Napa pre flaired lines roughly the same length.

1994_GMC

Reaction score
been pretty busy at work and doing a few side jobs, the shop has been packed..

You must be registered for see images attach

but i got the tank in, also i got new straps, wasn't really impressed with them, the were a bit shorter than i wanted them to be, i struggled like hell to get them in.

got the rest of the fuel lines in too, all the way up to the throttle body.

hopping to finish the front brake lines tomorrow.

JCribb

Old Army truck mechanic
Reaction score
As a license plate collector, I dig the license plate on the engine bay of the old ford.

1994_GMC

Reaction score
haven't had a lot of time to work on my truck with customer and other projects going on. i do have an update though!, so before i started this thread i pulled the tranny and gave it to a buddy who builds them, he did mine on the side so it took a while longer and it didn't get painted like the others he does..

got a new converter, upped the stall to 2100 to put the truck more in its power ban. also the tranny has a vette servo, a couple extra clutches, and a shift kit, hopping it lasts as long if not longer than the original.

got the bellhousing all bolted in tonight..

i had the truck pushed out of the shop for a couple days, heres some rolling shots of it.

1994_GMC

Reaction score
got all the hook ups done underneath, pounded some new seals in the t case, greased all the u joints and got her all in!

just waiting for a new trans mount, hopefully it shows up tomorrow!

1994_GMC

Reaction score
got alot done tonight, pulled all the plugs wires and cap and replaced them.. im not sure if its just a me problem, or if you guys have this issue too, but my cap and rotor burn up and corrode at least once a year.. i use quality parts.. always brass not aluminium..

anyway i replaced the cap and rotor with one from taylor, see if its better..

also replacing the warn ngk 7mm wires with some taylor 8mm, really happy with how they fit!

also replaced the e3 plugs with some standard ngk plugs...

and added the fluid to the tranny, I've always used dex 3 in these guys but gm has updated everythimg so they recommend dex 6, which from what I've heard is a synthetic version of dex 3 so i decided to upgrade to dex 6 while the tranny is fresh, also the guy who built my tranny recommended this lube guard additive.

getty cripple

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've owned this truck since 2009, and over the years i have done alot of work to her, including a new gm crate engine, new panels to fix the typical rust and paint, and more, however over the last year and a half I've neglected her a bit, and its time to clean her up a bit.

i stared out by doing the ball joints and tie rods.. probably the third time since ive owned this truck

also i upgraded to these solid sleeves, im hopping they make the truck easier to align and the look like better quality to me.

upgraded to the 5 wire actuator in the front diff, its more money up front for the actuator and harness but the 2 wire thermo one has been replaced 2-3 times and is horribly unreadable

thats my start as of this weekend, let me know what you guys think of my progress!
regarding the wire to keyed positive, what wire did you tap into?
i'm doing the same thing i ordered the parts.