new member, 1994 k1500 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redfishsc

Tired of fixing lousy engineering.
Reaction score
My buddy's father has a near mint Mercury M100. Only asking 10k CAD for it.

Obviously I've lived in a closet my whole life, i had no idea that Mercury did this.

Im not in the market to buy right now but if I were, youd be getting a message from me for sure.

1994_GMC

Reaction score
I'm a a total sucker for old Fords. That's all my dad would drive. I'd love to pick up a mid/late 70s one day, he owned several that i remember from my childhood
thanks alot, so am i, i love the whole c10 thing, but i wanted something different, and to be honest i prefer the lines on the old fords, this one has been long way coming though.
she started as a drag out of bush 1972 long box:
You must be registered for see images attach

then rebuild the 302, added an overdrive AOD trans, and 4.11 posi

then chopped it all upinto a short box and lowered it 5-7

and now its been a year of metal work and body work to fix the 40 years of canadian winters rust.

back to my 1994 now, tonight i painted the gas tank and the frame of the truck.

this is the little gun i used, not bad for a 20$ gun

i also got all the lines this afternoon so ill probably start piecing the fuel system together tomorrow.

BTW, thanks for the feedback guys, makes this build alot easier and funner with the feedback!

1994_GMC

Reaction score
got a few hours in today, got all the rear lines ran through the frame, i used the fleetline stainless fuel lines and was super inpressed with the quality and the way they fit!

came with a new fuel filter too, for now the tbi 350 has low miles and is solid, but eventually i want to swap it to a 5.3, and hopefully these lines will make the swap a bit easier when i get there

got a new vent and filler hose as well..

also i got a new rear rubber brake hose, and new brake lines

heres my confession guys.. i love all things mechanical.. im a licenced mechanic, and auto body tech.. i've never been unable to do any job.. but i can't flair a line to save my life, im just horrible at it haha, so i bought NAPA pre-flaired brake lines.

tomorrow im hopping to get the tank in and run the rest of fuel ines to the throttle body, and brake lines to the prop valve.

Nathaniel2g

Rusty Islander
Reaction score

1994_GMC

Reaction score
looking good where did you order your fuel lines from?
I believe Rockauto has them. I know they do for the GMT800 6.6 Duramaxs, and I've ordered 4 sets so far. All fit perfect and are of seemingly high quality.

http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...+v8,1031184,fuel+&+air,fuel+line+/+hose,11224

That would be for a 90 C1500 with the 5.7.
Yeah, they’re from rock auto, I used them once before on a customers 03 Tahoe, I was pretty impressed then too.

black90sport

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks ill have to grab a set for my chassis build. Did you do all new brake lines as well or just patch?