new member, 1994 k1500 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1994_GMC

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've owned this truck since 2009, and over the years i have done alot of work to her, including a new gm crate engine, new panels to fix the typical rust and paint, and more, however over the last year and a half I've neglected her a bit, and its time to clean her up a bit.
You must be registered for see images attach

i stared out by doing the ball joints and tie rods.. probably the third time since ive owned this truck

also i upgraded to these solid sleeves, im hopping they make the truck easier to align and the look like better quality to me.

upgraded to the 5 wire actuator in the front diff, its more money up front for the actuator and harness but the 2 wire thermo one has been replaced 2-3 times and is horribly unreadable

thats my start as of this weekend, let me know what you guys think of my progress!

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your truck is in excellent shape! More pictures!

1994_GMC

Reaction score
Welcome from a fellow 94 owner, looks good

Your truck is in excellent shape! More pictures!

Welcome to the forum
Wow!, thanks for the comments guys.
tonight i got a few things done, the truck has been sitting for about a year now and when i pulled it in the shop i noticed the brake pedal height was almost to the floor. found there was a rusted brake line behind the gas tank, so i dropped the tank and found the fuel lines look a little soft as well..

so i yanked the brake and fuel lines tonight, kind of a pain while trying to save the plastic clips..

1994_GMC

Reaction score
Not much of an update, waiting on parts to arrive, i have stainless brake lines and fuel lines coming in within the next two days. Did give me some time to do a few things on my other project, my 1972 f100.

been working on this guy for close to three years now.. i also wire brushed and primed my gas tank, will probably paint it tomorrow

redfishsc

Tired of fixing lousy engineering.
Reaction score
I'm a a total sucker for old Fords. That's all my dad would drive. I'd love to pick up a mid/late 70s one day, he owned several that i remember from my childhood