New Massachusetts hitch law

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hookedup50

Reaction score
I live in the peoples republic of taxachusetts and never heard of this law. I took mine out the other day because I was putting my truck on the ferry and they wanted 37.50 for having a longer vehicle. I don't miss bangin my shin either. Sounds like one of those laws in place so the cops can have another reason to pull you over and need an explanation besides profiling. In Jersey I was pulled over in a police roadblock last summer and the cops were ticketing people for dogs not wearing a seatbelt. WTF

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Heh...the one in my old Dodge was perma rusted in place and it was one of those equalizing type too so god forbid if anyone actually hit the thing lol I remember a blocker beam kind of device that actually locked into the receiver that doubled as a step...even remember it being mentioned in the chat thread long ago.

camok10

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wounder what they would think about the reciver on my old cummins. It was seriously about 2' past the bumper and had the ability to swivel 180*. I still don't understand the pourpous of it.

You must be registered for see images attach

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Sometimes I flip mine upside down and lock it back in, just to keep it there (as in this instance I was playing around in the water, and mud flats, and wanted a tow point if needed. Plus it hangs down quite low.)

But with it flipped down, it has saved my ass from being hit 3 or 4 times now. Once by a Fusion who pulled in too far to my spot and hit it (I was a foot from the back of my spot, they pulled up too far) and a few times at icy intersections when I was stopped and the person behind me didn't.

And it helps my short @ss get into the back.

Then again, this $hit happens every once in a while too...

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
Then again, this $hit happens every once in a while too...

Been there hahaha #DropHitchProbs

mpyusko

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I've done that plenty of times logging with my Jeep. The full-sizes can't fit where I go, but none the less.... I actually went so far as to weld a special draw bar that both supports and protects the spare tire of my Jeep when I'm wheeling thos steep departure angles. I doubt my suburban, even though it's fully armored underneath front to rear, will ever see a serious trail. But it makes a sweet tow-rig and matches the Jeep.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Haha I wish you could see some if the trails we put full sizes through up here in Alaska. You'd be surprised.

But yeah I understand. I'm going to putting on some tow points so I can take my hitch off.

Hunttman01

resident sh't starter
Reaction score

What if I don't have a choice :huh:

sent from my 350 powered s3 via tapa (free) now Free