New Guy, 97 2500, Random questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jermaine Smith

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey Guys, I'm a newbie to the site and new to trucks. I finally got me a truck. I wanted a square body but I came across a 1997 2wd 2500 454 truck for 1700 dollars. The rear brakes need some attentin and so do the driver side window motor.
I bought the truck to tow my camaro when needed... I hate asking people to borrow their trucks. I rather have my own. I know I wasn't go come across another solid running truck for this price so I bought from a close older retired friend. The truck is a automatic with a cassette player. I kinda hate the color of the truck but I'll just deal with it for awhile anyway.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

I'l post a pic of my truck for you guys and a pic of my camaro. My camaro is a 6 speed with a 600 horse n/a LS plus it' getting a bottle of juice for the summer. Can' hardly wait!!

Anyway here are some of my random questions I have.

Where is the best place to buy towing mirrors ?

What is the best way to remove the side molding?

What cheap upgrades can be made for towing? All I'll ever be towing is my camaro on a open trailer.

What CD player you guys like for under a 100 dollars?

What size is the factory speakers? I want to simply replace them with something better....

Is it hard to install a trans cooler and a tranmission temp gauge ?

The driver side seat is a bit worn... What year truck newer will fit into my truck ?

Where can I find brand new center caps for my rims?