New From South Dakota

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SDGMT400

Reaction score
Hey Guys Just picked up a new Daily Driver. Its a 2000 K2500 with 135,000 miles let me know what you think. I know the forum says '88-98, but I think I am on the right forum. Correct me if I am wrong!
You must be registered for see images attach

SDGMT400

Reaction score
It got a new crate 5.7 at 123,000 miles and hasn't run right since. Runs rich, and has poor power. the guy I bought it from was thinking it is a cam issue, so going to try to figure that out first! once that is all sorted out Id like to clean up the body a little (remove chrome, and door bumper). try to find some rims and maybe a mild lift. I am sure there will be more, but I really just plan on enjoying the ride :)

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. You are in the rite place. Your truck is a GMT 400, and it looks good to boot.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
welcome, is the crate motor a stock replacement? Might be out of time or needs a tune.

SDGMT400

Reaction score
welcome, is the crate motor a stock replacement? Might be out of time or needs a tune.

I know the guy that owned it before pretty well. He purchased it with the motor already in so im not sure if it is a stock replacement (would assume so) he had it timed timed, but im thinking that I will take it in and get put on a computer just to see some values. I would be willing to bet a tune definitely wouldn't hurt! Runs rough at Idle, smells Rich, and has zero power. If I didn't know that he had it timed I would say it is way advanced.