New from New Jersey

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zraffz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey everyone, my name is Josh. I'm from Sussex County, NJ.
Always loved/driven/raced/wheeled only the GMs from 12 second 5/6 speeds to lifted trucks.

My truck and I have a long history of love and hate. Long story short, in 4 years the truck has spent more time sitting in my driveway than it has on the road. Totaled once, got a total rebuild (frame is from a '88 1500, panels are from tahoes, suburbans, and 1500's) - did a body lift while it was apart; year or so later it got smashed up in the woods and was taken off the road in the beginning of the summer of 2010. Over the past year all I did was replace both fenders, doors, and grill; decided to fix all the dents and I had the urge to rhino line the entire truck. I had such a blast with this truck. I've killed more deer than I can count, ended up in several people's backyards at very odd hours of the night and many other stupid things that I will not mention.
As it stands the only things still from the factory in 1997 are the dashboard, steering column, pedals, drive train (except for the rear axle), seat, antenna (lol), door panels and the rear window (which will soon be replaced anyway).
Winter is coming up and I miss driving her; the front end needs new ball joints + an alignment and I can't justify pulling it apart without throwing in a lift.

I ordered a 6" Rough Country lift, upper/lower ball joints, upper/lower control arm bushings, sway bar bushings and tie rods yesterday... hopefully that's all I need but I'll find out over the next few days while I tear the truck apart to prepare it for the lift.

zraffz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

The T/A is sitting now for the rest of the winter. I brought it to the track and the clutch blew apart into little chunks (good reason not to buy a cheap clutch lol) and it has horrible clutch chatter. Bought another clutch and stopped in the middle of taking the old one out; decided if I was going to separate the bellhousing from the block I was going to go all out and build a motor. Hopefully snow plowing is good this year so I can fund the build.
As it sat it probably made about 400-415 crank horses, when I'm done it should be around 550 WHP.

SC REBEL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

The T/A is sitting now for the rest of the winter. I brought it to the track and the clutch blew apart into little chunks (good reason not to buy a cheap clutch lol) and it has horrible clutch chatter. Bought another clutch and stopped in the middle of taking the old one out; decided if I was going to separate the bellhousing from the block I was going to go all out and build a motor. Hopefully snow plowing is good this year so I can fund the build.
As it sat it probably made about 400-415 crank horses, when I'm done it should be around 550 WHP.

sounds great man, let us know when you start on it..

Reaction score
Hi Josh,
I think you have your own vehicle so you really have lot of knowledge about it..I would to read your experiences about vehicles..keep sharing