New from CT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alger388

Reaction score
Whats going on guys, names Justin and i have a 1998 cheyenne. I have been floating around FSC and GMFullsize and i figured i would add another fourm under my belt here. Will make alot more posts here now that its a OBS only forum.

Ive got a 1998 cheyenne, only pic i have right now and i have gotten new BFG 265s to replace the stock 245s, plan are to fix a small hole in my cab corner, demold, and replace rear bumper and get the chrome bumpers and chrome grille painted blue after a few dents are pulled. She needs some work. Just picked up some cloth mint buckets from a 97 tahoe at the junkyard so im looking for a blue center console and do the swap. I have new MOOG pitman, bracket, idler, balljoints in the front right now with new Bilsteins as well. Want to do rear bilsteins and tierods soon here.

I have been reading all 5.3 swaps on gmfull and specifically tharfs. I plan on doing a budget 5.3 swap. I have a DOG of a freaking 5.0. Truck barely maintains 65 with the truck alone it sucks. I was going to plan on asking tharf seeing hes in mass somewhere and anyone else to help with a swap in the summer sometime. I want to go 5.3, DBW, ive got a 5.3 engine harness and 411 PCM i believe already. Jegs swap mounts, schofield headers, ls ? series stock cam, and ls6 springs, nelson harness if its easy? Trying to decide what black wheels in the future here, maybe the moto metals, cheap and look good.

Truck is my DD and i want the swap because it cant maintain highway speed, and cant pull my 12ft enclosed trailer i use to race with. I have a niche for the OBS exterior and interior looks i love them, the powerplant i have sucks! but it was 4k for it. My other baby is a 2009 cobalt SS turbo. I love chevys, pops has a 2008 NNBS white z71. i love it

Little history about me and my plans, heres my POS. looking for comments, suggestions, and parts and HELP for that 5.3 swap

You must be registered for see images attach

350Vortec

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome, I feel like i have seen your truck before. Im right over the state line of Ct. Over by thompson

alger388

Reaction score
You might have seen it i have been down to mohegan, thompson speedway, up into mass and all over CT. Everyone remembers the truck because of the yamaha sticker in the back window.. I have been really lazy to take it off and yes thats a kawasaki in the picture but i have a yammi r6 as well so i just leave it for now.

Chevy fanatic i love your truck always admired it over on FSC AND gmfull

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from SD.
You plannin on upgrading to PW/PL from that Cheyenne W/T interior?

alger388

Reaction score
I have not considered it because i would need alot of new parts and my interior is blue and is gay and there are alot less blue interiors out there for parts. I want to purchase some new sill plates for both sides they seem an OBS flaw my 1999 2wd ecsb sill plates broke in the corners and stuff as well. I like my vinyl floor i clean it really good, armor all it and it is as slippery as **** though its shiney and works for me. But it also works with the type of lifestyle i have( riding, racing, etc)

Can anyone try and car-part a blue center console for me? Im having a rough time finding one!